A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Siena to Rome September 2018

Sainttam

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (Sarria to Santiago, march 2017), Portuguese (Valenca to SDC September 2017).
Im walking with a mate starting in Siena on September 4th, getting into Rome on the 17th (we are having a couple of rest days along the way to enjoy the local wine, pizza and culture ).

Anyone else planning to walk in September?

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Many more in the future (hopefully)
Hi: A friend and I will be doing that same section, but we will be out there in late June/early July. Don't ask me why we picked what might be the hottest time of year. I don't have an answer for that. Once I am home, I'll likely do a brief write up of how it went in order to keep the info on the Forum current. Enjoy your journey!

Sainttam

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (Sarria to Santiago, march 2017), Portuguese (Valenca to SDC September 2017).
I look forward to reading about your walk.

Stripey Socks

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Camino Via de la Plata (2014)
Camino Portuguese (May 2016)
Via Francigena (August 2018)
Im walking with a mate starting in Siena on September 4th, getting into Rome on the 17th (we are having a couple of rest days along the way to enjoy the local wine, pizza and culture ).

Anyone else planning to walk in September?
You will be way ahead of me. I start from Great Saint Bernard Pass on 29 August... Enjoy!

Sainttam

Camino(s) past & future
You will be way ahead of me. I start from Great Saint Bernard Pass on 29 August... Enjoy!
I'd love to have the time to do all that, will have to wait a few more years until I retire. Since it's a long time until September, I've decided to head out to Italy in April and walk from Pietrasanta to Siena.

Advertisment

Stripey Socks

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Camino Via de la Plata (2014)
Camino Portuguese (May 2016)
Via Francigena (August 2018)
I'd love to have the time to do all that, will have to wait a few more years until I retire. Since it's a long time until September, I've decided to head out to Italy in April and walk from Pietrasanta to Siena.
You are lucky just to be able to 'pop over' to Italy for short stints! I envy you! Happy walking.

smj6

Siempre hay que ver el positivo
Camino(s) past & future
Oct/Nov 2016 (Via Podensis/ Frances)
May 2018 (Via Francigena?)
I'm looking at walking from San Gimignano through to Rome but in May 2018 - precisely to avoid the summer heat (which has been particularly intense the last couple of years).
Bon Camino
Suzanne

Anna Sar

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese Central x 3, Portuguese Litoral, Finisterra, Primitivo, San Salvador, Cammino di Assisi
I will be walking from Siena to Rome in September. But few days after you. I will arrive in Siena on the 9th and will start walking on the 10th. Btw, does anyone know accoglienza Santa Luisa in Siena? Do I need to book it ahead? It would be my first night unless anyone has any good advice for Siena to stay overnight?

Sainttam

Camino(s) past & future
Its a pity you start the week after me, the friend i was going with has had to pull out on Doctors orders it wouldve been nice to have company. The place you mention in Siena, ive never heard of. Im not doing the walk as a Pilgrim so im not staying in Pilgrim accommodation. I booked through Booking.com and Siena has proved to be a bit expensive but i got a place at a reasonable rate. Enjoy your walk.

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
I will be walking from Siena to Rome in September. But few days after you. I will arrive in Siena on the 9th and will start walking on the 10th. Btw, does anyone know accoglienza Santa Luisa in Siena? Do I need to book it ahead? It would be my first night unless anyone has any good advice for Siena to stay overnight?
I read one pilgrim blog which reported santa Luisa to be nice. it's in the southern part of siena. I think it's prudent to reserve in advance, it's a convent.
convento santa Luisa (11bb, HP donativo), via san Girolamo 8, 0577/284 377 suor Ginetta, drs+r, shower, wc, B 7h, D, ®!, all year -22h15.

pilgrims reported this pilgrim accommodation right in the centre to be very nice, too:
ostello Casa delle Balie = s Maria della Scala (25bb, BB €18), vicolo san Girolamo 2, 0577/286 300, 347/613 7678, 5dr in three locations (vicolo san Girolamo, via Fusari, piazza Duomo), shower €0.50/4min (exact change!), wm+dm, @+wifi, incl. bedlinen, ®!, Oct15-Mar15 10h-16h30+20h-22h, closed Feb?, closed Dec24-25, check-in Mar16-Oct14 11h-17h30 on piazza Duomo 2 (TO) + 19h-21h on vicolo san Girolamo.

Anna Sar

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese Central x 3, Portuguese Litoral, Finisterra, Primitivo, San Salvador, Cammino di Assisi
Thank you Caminka!
Nice to hear from you as I will be using your accommodation list on the way :). Good job.
Btw - from your vast know how - it looks like they offer blankets almost everywhere? I am planning on having only light liner with me instead of sleeping bag.
Thank you again :)

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 102 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 165 25.4%