• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

signage in Sigueiro

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
I think there needs to be some effort put into improving the way markings in and out of Sigueiro on the Camino Ingles. I don't know who does these sort of things.
I am perfectly capable of getting lost and finding my way again but this town is very confusing. I was using the map from the Tourist Information booth in Ferrol which indicates that Oroso appears to be some distance from Sigueiro, which it is not, and the markings totally disappear after the walking in the park past the public swimming pool.
I had copied a few pages of Johnnie Walker's guide but once I crossed the Rio Tambres (at 24km) I realized I had walked a bit too far for finding Albergue del Delia.
The next morning I found the "one" arrow pointing to the right just before the new petrol station and then my Camino turned into a virtual "magical mystery tour." I walked in 3 different directions for at least 30 minutes and could find no markings. I finally started walking on a service road along a national highway, assumed I was headed in more or less the right direction because of all the bus traffic on the highway. About one hour later I found the Camino and a stele marked with 11.18+/-; now I walk about 3 to 4 km/hour and according to the distance posted in the map I had just walked about 6km in a little less than an hour. Have I found a secret short cut or a hole in the space-time continuum? One will never know.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
:confused: Petrol station???
The signing goes round the swimming pool (L) and later there is one hard to see sign fairly high up on a pole (L), comes out near the old hostal Miras, then over the Ria Tambre. The signing at the end of the bridge is quite clear a left turn to go past the church and uphill to the right of the church. All the directions for leaving Sigueiro are clearly stated in Johnnie's guide.
We don't remember seeing a petrol station at all, but we stayed at the new Hostal Sigueiro near the old Miras and the bridge.
Glad you did find the Camino eventually. I think that the guide from Ferrol is a slightly different route and does go along the main road in places, maybe losing the arrows/shells.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Only one section on the way where they clear cut some trees and the marker seems to have been a victim too...but there is a wooden sticks arrow pointing you into the correct direction...just needed to see it..lol

I took a photo but don't know how to add it. Ingrid

Click 'upload file' then in the box click 'browse', find the file on your computer and then click 'open'. It should load. However I just tried to add my photo and nothing happened.....:(

Edit:-
Success - photo loaded :):)

Attachments

• stone arrow.jpg
    stone arrow.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We had trouble as we came into Sigueiro too, our guide was telling us one thing but we were unsure as there weren't any arrows anywhere until just before we turned up a road to go past a church. We asked in a shop and were directed.

I agree with you Tia. No trouble at all finding the waymarkers evn not in the forest between Siguëro and Santiago

we got a tiny bit confused after the swimming pool, but after that no trouble. and yes, getting out of Singuiero was really easy from the new Singuiero hostel.

Most read last week in this forum

On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.