• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sim Card in SJPdP?

Geodoc

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2018 (across Pyrenees, then Sarria to SdC), CF 2019 (SJPdP to Finisterra & Muxia), CI 2019
Anyone know if one can get a Sim Card in SJPdP, and if so, where?

The alternative is to get one at the Stansted Airport while awaiting my flight to Biarretz (I should have about 4 hours at the airport), but not sure that's the best option.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Will a SIM card purchased in France work in Spain?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes. Last year I picked up a cheap phone in England, which worked in France & Spain. One just needs to dial the country code when calling.

Will a SIM card purchased in France work in Spain?
Yes! But be careful and ask the right questions. My experience with Voda was that crossing the border meant a roaming rate was applied. Depending on the provider/plan you might be better off purchasing the SIM in Spain.

Any suggestions as to which town in Spain might have a place to buy one? I'm thinking Roncesvalles won't:)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Members say there are no longer roaming charges in the EU with an EU purchased card. The problem is recharging the card if you run out of data or time in Spain and you bought the card elsewhere. It may make more sense to wait and get the card in Spain and try to use wifi until then.

[Edit: this recent thread may be useful: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/sim-card-or-phone-plan.62793/ ]

Last edited:
Anyone know if one can get a Sim Card in SJPdP, and if so, where?

The alternative is to get one at the Stansted Airport while awaiting my flight to Biarretz (I should have about 4 hours at the airport), but not sure that's the best option.
I have been traveling with T-Mobile for years. It works on 100 plus countries. Gives unlimited data (2G speed) with no roaming fee, free wifi calling or 25 cents for a minute. I didn't need to dial country code, just dial like local people and that is how I made reservations. I usually find a place through Booking.com, find the phone number through Google, then call the lodging directly. They are willing to give you about 10% discount because that is the fee the Booking .com charges. During the 2-month period, only 3 hotels charged the same rate as Booking.com. So, I saved a lot.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.