A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

SIM cards in Spain

Camino(s) past & future
Aug-Sept(2016) SJPDP-Finisterre, July-Aug(2017) SJPDP-Muxia-Finisterre, July-Aug(2018) El Norte
I'm giving a presentation locally about Camino Logistics, and I'm looking for ideas about which SIM cards are best to purchase for the Camino, and where to buy them. I will be talking about the necessity of making sure that the phone is able to accept a foreign SIM card, and other options, like using T-Mobile or Google's Project Fi, or checking with your carrier to see if they have an affordable option for travel. I'll also talk about just using wifi, apps to use, etc.

Advertisment

EBom

Camino(s) past & future
April (2018)
Hi Trecile, I'm using a Vodafone pre-paid international Sim which I purchased in Pamplona. I get 2gb of data and 30mins of international calls for €15, I believe it expires in 30days and can easily be recharged using the Vodafone app at anytime.

In hindsight I probably wasn't very clear about my needs in the shop as I really just require data and I wonder if there was a better option, however this is working well for me.

There seems to be an abundance of wifi and I think you could easily get by without a SIM card.

Hope that helps and good luck!

texano

Married to a Madrileña
Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo cancelled 2017 for medical issue. Planning Portuguese route in fall.
I'm giving a presentation locally about Camino Logistics, and I'm looking for ideas about which SIM cards are best to purchase for the Camino, and where to buy them. I will be talking about the necessity of making sure that the phone is able to accept a foreign SIM card, and other options, like using T-Mobile or Google's Project Fi, or checking with your carrier to see if they have an affordable option for travel. I'll also talk about just using wifi, apps to use, etc.
If your phone is AT&T or T-Mobile, it will work with a Spanish SIM card. Head to the nearest Vodafone store and buy a monthly SIM card. It's about $15 with 1 hour outgoing calls and free incoming and internet. Your phone will need to be unlocked.

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 164 25.4%