• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SIM cards, Viber and electronic Camino guides

LindaH

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP to SdC May/June (2016)
I am leaving for my first Camino on 1 May and running out of time to finalise how I can best stay in touch with home (essential I can be contacted) and how to minimise weight by keeping electronics and books to a minimum. I have an iPhone 6S that I plan to use for both local and international communication, as my camera, and hoped also to have an electronic guidebook on it to save carrying a paper book. I am coming from Australia and one possibility is to use my existing service provider in Spain, Telstra BigPond, but I believe that will cost an arm and leg I can't spare. What is best? Buy a Spanish SIM and prepay? Use a service like Viber? Other better options? Which is the best guide to use electronically - ie that is readable on an iPhone? I do understand that many of you feel that all electronic equipment should be left at home, but that really is not an option for me. I would greatly appreciate replies from anyone who has successfully resolved these questions and found a solution that is not too expensive. Many thanks, Linda

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome Linda, if you can get your phone unlocked you could use a Spanish sim, there are a few with good call, text and data plans out there, other than that use viber, whatsapp or facebook to communicate with home. As far as guides are concerned I liked the Walking Guide to Santiago. Its available for the Kindle app. Others can give you more information on other guides.
Have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.

Welcome Linda, if you can get your phone unlocked you could use a Spanish sim, there are a few with good call, text and data plans out there, other than that use viber, whatsapp or facebook to communicate with home. As far as guides are concerned I liked the Walking Guide to Santiago. Its available for the Kindle app. Others can give you more information on other guides.
Have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.
Thanks Wayfarer. My phone is unlocked, so a local SIM is a definite possibility. I'm not very tech savvy, but I assume changing the SIM would mean changing the phone number too? Do you know, or can anyone else tell me, whether an app like Viber would do everything a SIM would do, but free (to Viber members & assuming free wifi hotspots available) and keeping the same phone number? Also, am I right to assume that a Spanish SIM card will mean cheap local calls, but expensive calls home? I would plan on using SMS or email to home, except in emergencies, so I assume that would be cheaper than a voice call on a Spanish SIM. Sorry to ask so many questions. I find this all a bit of a maze. Many thanks for the guidebook suggestion.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A Spanish sim would mean a different number but the plans allow for some international calls. Where it saves you money is on incoming calls from home, you will be charged for those on your current number. The best option I think is to use viber, whatsapp and Facebook to communicate, there is wifi (pronounced weefee) in practically every cafe, bar and albergue across Spain now. I kept my phone on "airplane" mode during the day and used the phone to take photos but checked in for messages in the evenings and also sent emails and checked the forum of course. :)

Thanks again Wayfarer. That sounds like a good option for me too. I hadn't thought about using aeroplane mode!

Hi, Linda,

A lot depends on which Camino are you planning to walk. Caminos with more people walking (like Frances) has far more free wi-fi spots. Less walked Caminos have wi-fi spots usually used by locals.

Also if you'll be on Camino Frances you don't really need app guide to find your way (it's very well marked way) and you can check your guide what to see in certain town using free wi-fi spots. Also using Viber and similar doesn't really depends on provider as long as you're using free wi-fi. I'm using it even with Spanish SIM to save some data for checking GPS tracks while on the way, but I mostly walk less walked Caminos with less way-markings.

Other than that I'm sure Spanish SIM card is the cheapest and easiest option and the phone number will be changed to Spanish one. But you said you want to communicate with home only via SMS or e-mail so changing your number can't be real problem here. Spanish SIM card also allows you to make really cheap local calls for making reservations in private albergues/hotels. If random free wi-fi spots will be enough for your communications with home people and you intend to go with the flow regarding accommodation options then I see no need purchasing Spanish SIM.

Hope that helps and makes sense ;)

Ultreia!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks KinkyOne (great name by the way!)

We will be on the France's. I think I will try going without a SIM to start with as we intend to go with the flow for accommodation. I can always get a SIM later if I find I need one or if we find beds are becoming a problem. Thanks for your help and if i havé misunderstood anything it will be my fault, not yours

Thanks KinkyOne (great name by the way!)

We will be on the France's. I think I will try going without a SIM to start with as we intend to go with the flow for accommodation. I can always get a SIM later if I find I need one or if we find beds are becoming a problem. Thanks for your help and if i havé misunderstood anything it will be my fault, not yours
This is also a very good resource for the Frances to download then put the PDF on your phone or even print out and carry and its up to date.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...lbergues-on-the-camino-frances-in-one-pdf.10/

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am leaving for my first Camino on 1 May and running out of time to finalise how I can best stay in touch with home (essential I can be contacted) and how to minimise weight by keeping electronics and books to a minimum. I have an iPhone 6S that I plan to use for both local and international communication, as my camera, and hoped also to have an electronic guidebook on it to save carrying a paper book. I am coming from Australia and one possibility is to use my existing service provider in Spain, Telstra BigPond, but I believe that will cost an arm and leg I can't spare. What is best? Buy a Spanish SIM and prepay? Use a service like Viber? Other better options? Which is the best guide to use electronically - ie that is readable on an iPhone? I do understand that many of you feel that all electronic equipment should be left at home, but that really is not an option for me. I would greatly appreciate replies from anyone who has successfully resolved these questions and found a solution that is not too expensive. Many thanks, Linda

During my last camino (July 2014) and the one coming up June 2 of this year I use a local Sim (Orange) and Viber and was very connected and very happy with it all.

Hi @LindaH, you are on the right path now. I would recommend definitely gettng a Spanish SIM. As others have suggested, switch your phone on Aeroplane mode and then manually turn on wifi.
Simply ask at cafes and albergues for the wifi password and you can then download your emails, use Viber or Whatsapp (not dependent on your original SIM but on your actual mobile) or Skype. I used this method on the VdlP twice and there were plenty of places with wifi. The Frances will be even better.
You could also load AU$ to your Skype account before you leave home and use that to make phone calls home using wifi.
There are very cheap SIM card/data bundles in Spain for travellers now. You can buy a SIM with a month of data for example for about 15-20 euros.
When you want to make calls within Spain just switch aeroplane mode off.

Wow, fantastic! Thanks again, Wayfarer. Downloaded but not printed yet. What a great resource!
Download it and open it on your iPhone, and when it prompts you, save it to your iBooks, eliminating the need to print and carry it. In iBooks, it's searchable and you can bookmark pages of interest. I work part time as an Apple trainer so feel free to pick my brain about using your iPhone/iPad etc.
BTW- I'm going to get a Spanish SIM (keeping my Canadian SIM in a SAFE, well marked envelope for when I return. The advice about turning on Airplane mode, to save data usage is a good one, or turn off/on Cellular Data in Settings to limit the amount of data use on a prepaid SIM Card. Check out the various deals on prepaid cards at your airport of arrival or many locations along "The Way."

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Vodafone ES has a Tourist SIM for €15 that includes 1.5gb of data and 60min of international calling back to AUS. After 30 days it automatically renews provided you add another €15 credit before the 30 days is up, also with Spanish SIM cards is you get free incoming calls and SMS (have everyone from Aus call you) even if there is no credit on the SIM card. As long as you are fine with a local Spanish number a prepaid Spanish SIM card is the cheapest way to go and it allows you to use your iPhone 6s without fear of an astronomical roaming voice and data bill from Telstra.
I would also add another €10-15 credit to cover local calls and international SMS.
I tape my home SIM card and SIM removal tool (paper clip) to the back of an ID card for safekeeping.
http://www.vodafone.es/particulares/es/tienda/movil/tourist-in-spain/

Here is a link to other prepaid Spanish SIM cards.
http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Spain

Once you have a prepaid Spanish SIM card installed, no need to place it in airplane mode, just use it like you would at home, as long as you don't stream and/or upload large audio, video photo files, your data limit will last the whole month, use wifi to upload all your photos and backup all your photos to iCloud or other photo cloud services like dropbox.

I used the caminoguide.net in PDF saved to my iPhone and it showed things not shown in the Brierley guide, only €4 for the downloadable guide.

Thanks to all you knowledgeable techies above for the info. I kept my Iphone on airplane mode last time, with data turned off, and used Viber to upload all pics back to my family as well as talk to them. Worked great. I'm hopefully heading back in Sept so will review all this then. Thanks, Cherry

Download it and open it on your iPhone, and when it prompts you, save it to your iBooks, eliminating the need to print and carry it. In iBooks, it's searchable and you can bookmark pages of interest. I work part time as an Apple trainer so feel free to pick my brain about using your iPhone/iPad etc.
BTW- I'm going to get a Spanish SIM (keeping my Canadian SIM in a SAFE, well marked envelope for when I return. The advice about turning on Airplane mode, to save data usage is a good one, or turn off/on Cellular Data in Settings to limit the amount of data use on a prepaid SIM Card. Check out the various deals on prepaid cards at your airport of arrival or many locations along "The Way."

Thanks very much Rod. I may well be in touch as I get the new iPhone set up!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Vodafone ES has a Tourist SIM for €15 that includes 1.5gb of data and 60min of international calling back to AUS. After 30 days it automatically renews provided you add another €15 credit before the 30 days is up, also with Spanish SIM cards is you get free incoming calls and SMS (have everyone from Aus call you) even if there is no credit on the SIM card. As long as you are fine with a local Spanish number a prepaid Spanish SIM card is the cheapest way to go and it allows you to use your iPhone 6s without fear of an astronomical roaming voice and data bill from Telstra.
I would also add another €10-15 credit to cover local calls and international SMS.
I tape my home SIM card and SIM removal tool (paper clip) to the back of an ID card for safekeeping.
http://www.vodafone.es/particulares/es/tienda/movil/tourist-in-spain/

Here is a link to other prepaid Spanish SIM cards.
http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Spain

Once you have a prepaid Spanish SIM card installed, no need to place it in airplane mode, just use it like you would at home, as long as you don't stream and/or upload large audio, video photo files, your data limit will last the whole month, use wifi to upload all your photos and backup all your photos to iCloud or other photo cloud services like dropbox.

I used the caminoguide.net in PDF saved to my iPhone and it showed things not shown in the Brierley guide, only €4 for the downloadable guide.

Thanks for all the information and links bajaracer. This is very helpful. I'm new to iCloud but have used Dropbox so hope it will be similar!

Thanks to all you knowledgeable techies above for the info. I kept my Iphone on airplane mode last time, with data turned off, and used Viber to upload all pics back to my family as well as talk to them. Worked great. I'm hopefully heading back in Sept so will review all this then. Thanks, Cherry

That's good to hear Cherry. I have heard lots of great reports on Viber. No idea how they do it for free!

Vodafone ES has a Tourist SIM for €15 that includes 1.5gb of data and 60min of international calling back to AUS. After 30 days it automatically renews provided you add another €15 credit before the 30 days is up, also with Spanish SIM cards is you get free incoming calls and SMS (have everyone from Aus call you) even if there is no credit on the SIM card.
Hi Bajaracer, thanks so much for your informative post. My question is, if I purchase a Spanish SIM such as the Vodafone Tourist SIM on line, when does the month commence? I gather it only starts once you install it into your phone? Is that correct?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Bajaracer, thanks so much for your informative post. My question is, if I purchase a Spanish SIM such as the Vodafone Tourist SIM on line, when does the month commence? I gather it only starts once you install it into your phone? Is that correct?

Don't buy it online, wait till you get to Spain and buy one, It may be nice to have once you land, but I wouldn't order online, not for double the price.
The data and calling cycle starts once you install the SIM card and is good for 30 days.

When you install a Spanish SIM card the Maps app GPS will work in Spain. If you get lost just hit the "where am I? "arrow icon. The Maps app is also useful once reaching a town to provide walking directions to a hostel if you have the address. As others have noted, turn off cellular data when you are not using it. My GPS function worked with cellular data off.

Don't buy it online, wait till you get to Spain and buy one, It may be nice to have once you land, but I wouldn't order online, not for double the price.
The data and calling cycle starts once you install the SIM card and is good for 30 days.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
When you install a Spanish SIM card the Maps app GPS will work in Spain. If you get lost just hit the "where am I? "arrow icon. The Maps app is also useful once reaching a town to provide walking directions to a hostel if you have the address. As others have noted, turn off cellular data when you are not using it. My GPS function worked with cellular data off.

Thank you Jayree, I know about turning off cellular data - have been practicing here at home. What "Maps app" are you referring to?

Why would you need to turn off cellular data with a prepaid Spanish SIM card when you are already in Spain? You don't turn off your cellular data on your device when you are at home with your home carrier.
As long as you are not uploading large video, photos, streaming audio, and video you won't use up all your data limit.

Why would you need to turn off cellular data with a prepaid Spanish SIM card when you are already in Spain? You don't turn off your cellular data on your device when you are at home with your home carrier.
As long as you are not uploading large video, photos, streaming audio, and video you won't use up all your data limit.
When I bought a SIM card I didn't have a data plan so I left it off and just used wifi

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi LindaH, Just something to explore, but I am with BigPond and could receive e mails but in Spain my BigPond account would not let me send e mails which was my way of connecting with family back home in Australia. I ended up getting a hot mail account. This was only on Spain. No problem in France!!!!

Some may want to limit their data use, but you're correct, with 1.5 GB for a €15, it would be unlikely you'd use up your quota, especially since wifi is readily available at stopping points.

Some may want to limit their data use, but you're correct, with 1.5 GB for a €15, it would be unlikely you'd use up your quota, especially since wifi is readily available at stopping points.

Hi Rod, I plan to use Runkeeper to track my walk each day. I know I don't need to, but it's something I enjoy doing and sharing the info with my friends and family back home - my track and finishing position at the end of each day. I'm not sure how much data the app uses, but it will be running for 5-6 hours or for however long I'm out for the day, so intend to turn off cellular data - the app operates without it. I have been advised that by turning off cellular data will also help conserve the battery power of my phone? Is this correct? I have an iPhone 6s.
Also just wondering about the wifi readily available at stopping points - does one need to get a password and sign into each of these free wifi points or will my phone automatically pick it up?

Hi Rod, I plan to use Runkeeper to track my walk each day. I know I don't need to, but it's something I enjoy doing and sharing the info with my friends and family back home - my track and finishing position at the end of each day. I'm not sure how much data the app uses, but it will be running for 5-6 hours or for however long I'm out for the day, so intend to turn off cellular data - the app operates without it. I have been advised that by turning off cellular data will also help conserve the battery power of my phone? Is this correct? I have an iPhone 6s.
Also just wondering about the wifi readily available at stopping points - does one need to get a password and sign into each of these free wifi points or will my phone automatically pick it up?

I've never seen open wifi along the Camino, they all have passwords, just have to ask for the password.
The GPS will suck down the battery quickly regardless whether data is on or not, a portable rechargeable battery pack would be nice if to have if the GPS uses a lot of battery.

Hi LindaH, Just something to explore, but I am with BigPond and could receive e mails but in Spain my BigPond account would not let me send e mails which was my way of connecting with family back home in Australia. I ended up getting a hot mail account. This was only on Spain. No problem in France!!!!
Hi Ellen, I had exactly this problem once in the Caribbean trying to email home to Aus, wouldn't even send emails from BigPond Webmail although I was receiving emails from home. Never happened before or since and never found out why, but it is one of the reasons I started this post to find out if Viber is a reliable way of texting home for free. I have a hotmail account set up sometime ago - no idea of the password now of course!

. Hi KerrieG, Runkeeper sounds interesting! Is that from the App Store or is that the name of the app already on the 6S with the red heart on the button? I discovered by accident that the red heart one records steps, kilometres, stairs (hills) climbed, etc every day and also gives graphs of them and weekly etc graphs and stats. If this one is not Runkeeper, will it also run the battery down fast, and can it be turned off?!? Mine is running all the time without me turning it on.

Hi Rod and Bajaracer, if either of you are still following this thread perhaps you would be kind enough to help with yet another question? Or anyone else who knows?

I have downloaded an electronic guidebook and also the Camino Places app by Ivar (of this forum) to my iPhone 6S. Will I need to have data on for either/both of these to work? Many thanks, Linda

Hi Rod and Bajaracer, if either of you are still following this thread perhaps you would be kind enough to help with yet another question? Or anyone else who knows?

I have downloaded an electronic guidebook and also the Camino Places app by Ivar (of this forum) to my iPhone 6S. Will I need to have data on for either/both of these to work? Many thanks, Linda

It depends on the format of the guidebook, is it in PDF? If so it doesn't need data. The Camino places app uses data, if you have a prepaid Spanish SIM with data, don't even worry about it, just use the app.

Jayree, are you talking about the Maps app that comes on the iPhone or do I need to buy a different app?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Does runkeeper work when the data is turned off? I didn't think it would!

Yes- 5-6 hrs per day with the GPS will use a lot of battery. You'll want a fully charged phone and a backup battery pack of some kind. I see someone else has already pointed out that most locales use password protected wifi networks along the Camino. That's understandable. This is my first Camino so it will be all new to me how much connectivity is available. I use MapMyHike to track distances and post them to Social Media as well. Our friends have been many times and found wifi quite widespread!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've never seen open wifi along the Camino, they all have passwords, just have to ask for the password.
The GPS will suck down the battery quickly regardless whether data is on or not, a portable rechargeable battery pack would be nice if to have if the GPS uses a lot of battery.

Will have one of those too, thanks!

. Hi KerrieG, Runkeeper sounds interesting! Is that from the App Store or is that the name of the app already on the 6S with the red heart on the button? I discovered by accident that the red heart one records steps, kilometres, stairs (hills) climbed, etc every day and also gives graphs of them and weekly etc graphs and stats. If this one is not Runkeeper, will it also run the battery down fast, and can it be turned off?!? Mine is running all the time without me turning it on.

Hi Linda, RunKeeper is a separate app from the appstore. The free version is more than adequate, I've been using it for years. I have seen the Health app that comes with the phone, it does everything I need except for the map and being able to share to Facebook as far as I'm aware. Not sure if it can be turned off or not, nor about the battery consumption - I will be looking into that.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Maybe to save your battery? At least that's what I'm doing while walking. I surely don't need any uploads when walking. ;) And my GPS tracking app is still working...

You are tracked all the time ;)

A pdf file can be save to your iBooks. The Camino Places App requires data.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have an android phone (Samsung 5) will it work the same? Planning to get a Spanish SIM card, for access to email and all the links to reservations, family etc. I also have a whatsapp account (USA) , did i understand correctly that it will work in EU since it is link to devise not carrier? Walking for 1 week with my son at the end of june, 2016, can't wait!!!
Buen Camino
Thanks,
Carmen

Hello LindaH. I did the Camino Frances last year with my Jawbone Up band tracking my steps (yes, the Camino is just over one million steps - St.JPdP to Santiago de Compostela ) and also used MapMyRun to track each day's walk. I bought my first Orange sim in Pamplona (1G for 10 or 15 euros) and the data ran out around Leon where I bought my next one. Just a warning about deciding to wait to buy one; they only seem to be available in major cities. I wasted over an hour wandering around Melide trying to find some place that sold them as I needed a third one. The rates are so amazingly cheap compared to here in Canada, which has some of the highest cell phone rates in the world. That 1G of data would have been well over $1000 Cdn on my Canadian plan!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have an android phone (Samsung 5) will it work the same? Planning to get a Spanish SIM card, for access to email and all the links to reservations, family etc. I also have a whatsapp account (USA) , did i understand correctly that it will work in EU since it is link to devise not carrier?
I use Samsung also and had no problem using a Spanish SIM. Like any phone, you just need to make sure your phone is unlocked. If your phone was provided by your Oz provider (Telstra etc) as part of your contract it might be 'locked' to them. You can test by trying a friend's SIM in yours..If locked, You might be able to ask them to unlock it, some phone repair shops do it, you can find codes online etc. Also make sure your phone contacts aren't stored only on your Oz SIM card, but on your Samsung account (you can choose that via Contacts), so that you can download them with your Spanish SIM. For sure get data with your Spanish plan so if you need to you can use Maps and other useful stuff while in Spain This stuff sounds complex but any phone shop/teenager should be able to sort it for you if you're not confident.

Last edited:
I have an Orange SIM card I bought in France. Can I just purchase a data top up for Spain or do I need to buy a 2nd SIM card?

I bought an Orange SIM card in Pamplona. Now I can't find a place to buy a data top up. I'm on the Meseta right now. The woman who sold me the SIM said I could buy topups at most grocery stores or tobacco shops. Anyone have any suggestions?

Can anyone translate for me?

I want a top up for my Orange SIM card that includes data. At least one gigabyte.

I can't seem to explain that at the stores. They don't know what I mean when I say gigabyte or data. Or even Internet. All they seem to sell phone minutes. Argh.

I bought an Orange SIM card in Pamplona. Now I can't find a place to buy a data top up. I'm on the Meseta right now. The woman who sold me the SIM said I could buy topups at most grocery stores or tobacco shops. Anyone have any suggestions?
e

Can anyone translate for me?

I want a top up for my Orange SIM card that includes data. At least one gigabyte.

I can't seem to explain that at the stores. They don't know what I mean when I say gigabyte or data. Or even Internet. All they seem to sell phone minutes. Argh.

e

You have to send an SMS code to add data, if you have enough credit, you could call Orange (english spoken) and tell them you want to add data and they will add it for you.

The Mundo SIM has 3 data packages to choose from. It can be set at purchase, online or by app in the client's area. The are valid for 30 days and renew automatically if credit is available. Overuse or out of bundle use is charged by 0.363 € per 10 MB.

• 500 MB (promotion: 750 MB up to 31/1/16): 6 €
  • 1 GB (promotion: 1.5 GB up to 31/1/16): 9 €
  • 2 GB (promotion: 3 GB up to 31/1/16): 15 €
Activation at purchase, online in the client's area, by app or by texting "ALTA MUNDO <pack size>" to 1470. If having used up all data, you can renew the packs ahead of time by sending a free SMS to 1470 with the following text: "RENOVACION MUNDO <pack size>", For pack size fill in '500MB', '1GB' or '2GB' and be sure to have enough credit. Deactivation by changing to Mundo SIM without data pack by app or in the client's area.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.