• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Simple question about Vaccine Card/Spain Travel Health

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
I am leaving on October 10th for Sevilla. I will go through Passport Control in Madrid. I live in Mexico but I am an American citizen. I have been fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. If all goes as planned I will even have my third booster shot a few days before I leave as it will have been 8 months since my second shot.
I will be leaving from Mexico. In order to fly internationally I will have had an Covid antigen test the day before departure.
My two questions:
Will I need to carry my actual Vaccination Record Card to present in Spain? I have a QR code from a website called Vaxyes that shows both doses of Pfizer the lot numbers, dates of vaccines and certification number from my Vaccine card and the date that the information was certified. I also have a photo of my vaccine card on my phone. My research shows that many websites like CBS news and others say that Vaxyes is a highly regarded app that verifies your vaccination record card.
Is this sufficient or will I need to carry my card?
My other question is regarding receiving my verification and QR code from the Spanish Government on the SpTH Spain Travel Health app. It seems to be a pretty easy and straightforward process. I just want to know how soon before I leave should I fill out the form and receive my QR code. Is it time sensitive? Example 48 hours before my flight? I have checked their website and cannot find this information. It may be there and it wouldn't be the first time I didn't see something that was right in front of me.
Any help answering these specific questions would be helpful from those who have already gone through the process. I do not mean to be rude but if you think, or read or have heard is not always correct. Thanks
Oh yes I have tried to call Iberia airlines about 20 times to get an answer from them but have not gotten through. I have also spoken to the Spanish Embassy and did not receive a satisfactory answer.
There may not be one and I may need to take my card.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am leaving on October 10th for Sevilla. I will go through Passport Control in Madrid. I live in Mexico but I am an American citizen. I have been fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. If all goes as planned I will even have my third booster shot a few days before I leave as it will have been 8 months since my second shot.
I will be leaving from Mexico. In order to fly internationally I will have had an Covid antigen test the day before departure.
My two questions:
Will I need to carry my actual Vaccination Record Card to present in Spain? I have a QR code from a website called Vaxyes that shows both doses of Pfizer the lot numbers, dates of vaccines and certification number from my Vaccine card and the date that the information was certified. I also have a photo of my vaccine card on my phone. My research shows that many websites like CBS news and others say that Vaxyes is a highly regarded app that verifies your vaccination record card.
My other question is regarding receiving my verification and QR code from the Spanish Government on the SpTH Spain Travel Health app. It seems to be a pretty easy and straightforward process. I just want to know how soon before I leave should I fill out the form and receive my QR code. Is it time sensitive? Example 48 hours before my flight? I have checked their website and cannot find this information. It may be there and it wouldn't be the first time I didn't see something that was right in front of me.
Any help answering these specific questions would be helpful from those who have already gone through the process. I do not mean to be rude but if you think, or read or have heard is not always correct. Thanks
Oh yes I have tried to call Iberia airlines about 20 times to get an answer from them but have not gotten through. I have also spoken to the Spanish Embassy and did not receive a satisfactory answer.
I’m also a vaccinated American and planning to walk the Camino for a few weeks beginning in September. I will take my vaccine card and keep it protected with my passport. I can easily get a replacement vaccine card at home if mine is lost or waterlogged after my Camino. There are dozens of good sites for saving Vax information; however, individual gatekeepers in Europe may not be familiar with the sites we choose; I want to have my original document at hand.

My two questions:
I flew from Dallas-Fort Worth to Madrid four days ago. I filled out the SpTH Two days prior to my flight. Their response with a QR code was immediate. At the health checkpoint in Madrid all they needed to see was the QR code. They also took my temperature, other than that they waved me through with no further questions. I was not asked in Madrid or in Dallas by anyone to see the CDC shot card.
At the American airlines ticket counter at my city of origin of Minneapolis I provided the gate agent with my “verafly” approval and no other paperwork was needed for her to give me my boarding pass. Verafly is a third party app which not all of the airlines are using.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I flew from Dallas-Fort Worth to Madrid four days ago. I filled out the SpTH Two days prior to my flight. Their response with a QR code was immediate. At the health checkpoint in Madrid all they needed to see was the QR code. They also took my temperature, other than that they waved me through with no further questions. I was not asked in Madrid or in Dallas by anyone to see the CDC shot card.
At the American airlines ticket counter at my city of origin of Minneapolis I provided the gate agent with my “verafly” approval and no other paperwork was needed for her to give me my boarding pass. Verafly is a third party app which not all of the airlines are using.
Thanks so much this is very helpful information.

Jeff, Thanks for the info. I leave Lexington KY on 9/4 on American to Madrid. Is there a link to the SPTH site? Thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My two questions:
When I flew into Barcelona a month ago, they did ask to see my vax card.

I flew to Madrid on Delta on August 4. When we checked our bags at DCA they checked our passports and our vaccine cards. We flew to JFK then MAD. No other inquiries until we got to Madrid and after passport control there were tables set up where they scanned our QR codes on the SpTH app. No questions asked, no temperature check, just “gracias”. Not sure it’s always this easy, but we had no issues.

It seems like you can only access the QR code / app for Spain if you are arriving by boat or plane. What can you do if you are crossing into Spain via Saint-Jean Pied de Port? You cannot even fill out the forms because they ask what flight or boat you are on etc.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It seems like you can only access the QR code / app for Spain if you are arriving by boat or plane. What can you do if you are crossing into Spain via Saint-Jean Pied de Port? You cannot even fill out the forms because they ask what flight or boat you are on etc.
That Spanish QR code is only used upon arrival by boat or plane at the port/airport.
There is no other use for it.

That Spanish QR code is only used upon arrival by boat or plane at the port/airport.
So it is correct to say there is no requirement for a vaccination passport anywhere in Spain for now? Right? Just checking. We land in Paris on THursday and hope to be leaving Saint-Jean Pied de Port on Sunday and we just want to make sure that we have correctly understood what is happening. France will require the pass which we have applied for but have not yet received.

Great information to help make an informed decision.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So it is correct to say there is no requirement for a vaccination passport anywhere in Spain for now? Right? Just checking. We land in Paris on THursday and hope to be leaving Saint-Jean Pied de Port on Sunday and we just want to make sure that we have correctly understood what is happening. France will require the pass which we have applied for but have not yet received.
Mick, we arrive in SJPdP on the 5th of Sept. We are also flying into Paris and have applied but haven't received our pass yet. Hoping we can get on transit without the pass.

I’m also a vaccinated American and planning to walk the Camino for a few weeks beginning in September. I will take my vaccine card and keep it protected with my passport. I can easily get a replacement vaccine card at home if mine is lost or waterlogged after my Camino. There are dozens of good sites for saving Vax information; however, individual gatekeepers in Europe may not be familiar with the sites we choose; I want to have my original document at hand.
I had my vaccine(s) card laminated....

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Mick, we arrive in SJPdP on the 5th of Sept. We are also flying into Paris and have applied but haven't received our pass yet. Hoping we can get on transit without the pass.
It is my opinion (verified by an Italian and a Spaniard as I write this) that Spain does not have a vaccine passport. Spain does have a SpTH QR code required for anyone flying into Spain.

Does this mean we do not need a QR code or pass of any kind to walk in Spain/hotels/restaurants/etc.? And can only imagine no border check after Orrison??

Does this mean we do not need a QR code or pass of any kind to walk in Spain/hotels/restaurants/etc.? And can only imagine no border check after Orrison??
That is correct from everything that I have read.

It seems like you can only access the QR code / app for Spain if you are arriving by boat or plane. What can you do if you are crossing into Spain via Saint-Jean Pied de Port? You cannot even fill out the forms because they ask what flight or boat you are on.

There is no land border in the Pyrenees. You will not notice when you have left France and crossed into Spain. No one there to check your documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back