• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Singapore Pilgrims?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi, any Singapore based pilgrims (past and future) here?
In my heart I am ‘Singaporean-in-part’ having lived there a few times and still visiting from Aust regularly (In normal times anyway) - over the past 46 years. Was last there in mid-Feb this year. Happy to meet up for a Camino chat when we can travel again. PM me if you like. All the best to you and all Singaporeans. Cooee

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I should have added that a book by Singaporean writer Alvin Tan with sketches and commentary of his Camino Frances, which I purchased from a little book shop in Tiong Bahru, was instrumental in my own Camino journeys. Highly recommended. Cooee

@alegria, you could try a search like this: or if you are on the duckduckgo.com search page, then it would look like this in the search box: "from singapore" site:www.caminodesantiago.me/community/.

This will search the forum for the phrase "from singapore". You will get anything that includes this specific phrase in the text, which might include travel arrangements in particular, but might have other subjects. But will include any posts where the author has claimed to be from Singapore in the text. lo

It looks like there are a few people from Singapore here. I didn't go any further, eg to find out if they have been active recently.

I should have added that a book by Singaporean writer Alvin Tan with sketches and commentary of his Camino Frances, which I purchased from a little book shop in Tiong Bahru, was instrumental in my own Camino journeys. Highly recommended. Cooee
Hi Alegria & Geoff,
We also love Singapore and break our journey there when we go to Europe.
I can't remember if it was you Geoff, in a previous post, who mentioned Alvin Tan's book, but we also went to the book shop in Tiong Bahru and bought a copy last year on our way to Scotland & the UK. There were still lots of copies available. We actually got a signed copy. It is a marvellous gem of a book.
Buen Camino
Anne & Pat

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Alegria & Geoff,
We also love Singapore and break our journey there when we go to Europe.
I can't remember if it was you Geoff, in a previous post, who mentioned Alvin Tan's book, but we also went to the book shop in Tiong Bahru and bought a copy last year on our way to Scotland & the UK. There were still lots of copies available. We actually got a signed copy. It is a marvellous gem of a book.
Buen Camino
Anne & Pat
Yes I did mention Alvin’s book in a post a good while ago. I thought that I had lost my copy so bought another - only to then find the first one! Such is life. A good book to read again and again. All the best to you both and hope to get back on the Camino soon. I was to have left for my 3rd Frances 17 May this year. Cooee.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes I did mention Alvin’s book in a post a good while ago. I thought that I had lost my copy so bought another - only to then find the first one! Such is life. A good book to read again and again. All the best to you both and hope to get back on the Camino soon. I was to have left for my 3rd Frances 17 May this year. Cooee.
Hi Geoff, we were also meant to start walking our 2nd Frances & 4th Camino on 25th, May this year! We also hope to get back to the Camino, hopefully next year. Take care & all the best.
Buen Camino
Anne & Pat

Hi Alegria,
I’m from Singapore but currently based in Ireland. Hopefully the travel restrictions arising from Covid-19 will ease soon to facilitate my return home. I’ve done the Camino Frances twice, from SJPDP to Santiago and once to Finisterre (Spring 2016 and Autumn 2019).

Best wishes
Dylan

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Richard & lilian from Singapore, with plans for Leon - Santiago June 12th 2022! Total noobs, but totally excited.
Welcome to the forum! You'll get lots of information here. This thread is almost 2 years old, but @alegria is still active on the forum, so perhaps she'll see your post and say hello!

If you would like to see who else is walking the Camino at the same time as you, look at this thread for people starting in June. Add a post to the thread giving your information, and your name will be added to the list.

Richard & lilian from Singapore, with plans for Leon - Santiago June 12th 2022! Total noobs, but totally excited.
Hello there!
I am walking next week :) Doing the Ingles this time around.

Not a lot of peregrinos here in Singapore - I've only "met" once, the lady who works at the Spanish Tourism Office in SG.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello there!
I am walking next week :) Doing the Ingles this time around.

Not a lot of peregrinos here in Singapore - I've only "met" once, the lady who works at the Spanish Tourism Office in SG.
Sorry for the late reply… and really hope all is well! May you have an incredibly blessed 3rd Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Hello, everyone I am doing the camino de france next spring on a bike. It looks really rocky going down hill from Burguete. Is there a safer rought not going down the rocky path? Should I stay on...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back