Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

Sister María Asunción - COVIS/Corona - Who Cares! Would Give Anything for Another Chance to Hear Her Again!

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

ranthr

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
It was never the same when she no longer was there.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

jerbear

Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
Calming.....thank you!

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
She was better live, to be honest.

Like all those officiating at a mass where there are many strangers (Montserrat is another great example) Sister MA was great at controlling the audience by hand signal.

TaraWalks

Peregrina without a skateboard
Camino Frances 2016 & 2018, planning for Le Puy 2019/2020ish and for some shorter Caminos stacked
Was she still there in 2016?

I remember there was a beautiful sister teaching us the parts of the mass before it began and then she sang all of the parts of the mass (and communicated with hand signals!). She was such a star! It was almost a little heart breaking watching the 8 or so priests all walk off the altar at the end of mass while she cleaned up.

She really was the most amazing part of SDC mass.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

GailGwyn

part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Thank you so much. My husband, who's an atheist, decided to attend the Pilgrims Mass at the Cathedral.

Every time he tells people about his Camino, he never fails to mention how moving the beautiful singing, performed by the nun, was at the Mass, especially during the swinging of the botafeumeira.

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
Thank you so much. My husband, who's an atheist, decided to attend the Pilgrims Mass at the Cathedral.

Every time he tells people about his Camino, he never fails to mention how moving the beautiful singing, performed by the nun, was at the Mass, especially during the swinging of the botafeumeira.
I’m an aetheist too. Doesn’t stop you appreciating a truly divine voice😊

lt56ny

Veteran Member
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
She has a beautiful voice, and the boss of the cathedral for sure. When I first saw her starting the service i immediately thought of my 8th grade math teacher, Miss Joseph. She was tiny I stature but a giant. She cared about every student. I went to a very tough New York City public school during the 60’s. Fights every day, bars on al the windows, people getting shook down for money, drugs, you name it. But nobody and I mean nobody didn’t respect Miss Joseph. She would stare down guys in gangs and break up fights with boys twice her size. She scared the pants off me. But I loved her and respected her and she made sure EVERY one of her “boys” learned math. As she would yell to us. You have no choice you will learn algebra whether you like it or not. I will not allow any of my boys to fail. And we didn’t. I have a feeling the sister is Miss Joseph’s spiritual twin.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
2017-Sarria to Santiago and Lires to Finisterre
Was she still there in 2016?

I remember there was a beautiful sister teaching us the parts of the mass before it began and then she sang all of the parts of the mass (and communicated with hand signals!). She was such a star! It was almost a little heart breaking watching the 8 or so priests all walk off the altar at the end of mass while she cleaned up.

She really was the most amazing part of SDC mass.
She was still there in May of 2017.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Peregrinopaul

Veteran Member
VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
I was very disappointed that she did not sing at the solemn Puerta Santa mass on Dec 31st.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Caminos Francais: 2002, 2012, 2019. (Future Ingles, Primitivo, Portuguese in 2021)
She or another nun sang at the early May 2002 Pilgrim Mass I attended. I had just finished whispering aloud a bundle of prayers which had been given to me to read once I had arrived in Santiago and was awash with tears. So no matter my "ex"Catholic insistence; this voice put me over the top to full on Kleenex mode.

(*Not one single prayer was to win the lottery or get a better job. Every single prayer was to be of strength for others, or, to express with compassion their care and love for others and the world.).

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads