• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sister María Asunción - COVIS/Corona - Who Cares! Would Give Anything for Another Chance to Hear Her Again!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It was never the same when she no longer was there.

Calming.....thank you!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Was she still there in 2016?

I remember there was a beautiful sister teaching us the parts of the mass before it began and then she sang all of the parts of the mass (and communicated with hand signals!). She was such a star! It was almost a little heart breaking watching the 8 or so priests all walk off the altar at the end of mass while she cleaned up.

She really was the most amazing part of SDC mass.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you so much. My husband, who's an atheist, decided to attend the Pilgrims Mass at the Cathedral.

Every time he tells people about his Camino, he never fails to mention how moving the beautiful singing, performed by the nun, was at the Mass, especially during the swinging of the botafeumeira.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you so much. My husband, who's an atheist, decided to attend the Pilgrims Mass at the Cathedral.

Every time he tells people about his Camino, he never fails to mention how moving the beautiful singing, performed by the nun, was at the Mass, especially during the swinging of the botafeumeira.
I’m an aetheist too. Doesn’t stop you appreciating a truly divine voice😊

She has a beautiful voice, and the boss of the cathedral for sure. When I first saw her starting the service i immediately thought of my 8th grade math teacher, Miss Joseph. She was tiny I stature but a giant. She cared about every student. I went to a very tough New York City public school during the 60’s. Fights every day, bars on al the windows, people getting shook down for money, drugs, you name it. But nobody and I mean nobody didn’t respect Miss Joseph. She would stare down guys in gangs and break up fights with boys twice her size. She scared the pants off me. But I loved her and respected her and she made sure EVERY one of her “boys” learned math. As she would yell to us. You have no choice you will learn algebra whether you like it or not. I will not allow any of my boys to fail. And we didn’t. I have a feeling the sister is Miss Joseph’s spiritual twin.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Was she still there in 2016?

I remember there was a beautiful sister teaching us the parts of the mass before it began and then she sang all of the parts of the mass (and communicated with hand signals!). She was such a star! It was almost a little heart breaking watching the 8 or so priests all walk off the altar at the end of mass while she cleaned up.

She really was the most amazing part of SDC mass.
She was still there in May of 2017.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was very disappointed that she did not sing at the solemn Puerta Santa mass on Dec 31st.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
She or another nun sang at the early May 2002 Pilgrim Mass I attended. I had just finished whispering aloud a bundle of prayers which had been given to me to read once I had arrived in Santiago and was awash with tears. So no matter my "ex"Catholic insistence; this voice put me over the top to full on Kleenex mode.

(*Not one single prayer was to win the lottery or get a better job. Every single prayer was to be of strength for others, or, to express with compassion their care and love for others and the world.).

Most read last week in this forum

The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back