A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Sitting here in Dublin Airport

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
I hope that after your first little blip in the plans it all works out well :) Planning on spending the night in Saint Jean Pied de Port? You should still have plenty of time. And Bayonne is a lovely town to spend an hour or two in. Ultreia!

Advertisment

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Could be worse. Better to be 35 minutes late taking of than what happened to me. Flight to Biarritz in 2014 which tried to land about that long before reaching airport! Wheels down and flaps etc then a sudden pull up at a height where we could see the sheep clearly. Some bullshit from pilot about magnetic influence on instruments. Still got there.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Buen Camino @Hound-of-Ulster!
Could be worse. Better to be 35 minutes late taking of than what happened to me. Flight to Biarritz in 2014 which tried to land about that long before reaching airport! Wheels down and flaps etc then a sudden pull up at a height where we could see the sheep clearly. Some bullshit from pilot about magnetic influence on instruments. Still got there.
O.M.G.:eek:

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
Have had the pilot pull up wheels too on a flight. I think pilots are afraid they do not have enough landing room sometimes.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
May and October 2015
(2017 October)
Have had the pilot pull up wheels too on a flight. I think pilots are afraid they do not have enough landing room sometimes.
And sometimes they are right! I've flown in and out of several islands where the (just long enough) landing strip ended abruptly with only sea beyond, or a road with a hill on the other side. Those pilots were expert in using every inch.....

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
And sometimes they are right! I've flown in and out of several islands where the (just long enough) landing strip ended abruptly with only sea beyond, or a road with a hill on the other side. Those pilots were expert in using every inch.....
I am sure that is true, only my such experience was at JFK...huge runway...the plane before us landed and the plane after us...pilot said it was the weather.....
we wound up in Boston for a two hour delay on the plane before returning to JFK. Seems we had to get back into the flight pattern for another attempt. Hey thankfully ..we got there safe!

Camino(s) past & future
camino frances, 2015
As the title says sitting here in Dublin Airport, but our flight to Biarritz has been delayed by 35 mins.....

We will start tomorrow as newbies.

Buen Camino
Reading this Saturday night, hope you are well on your way now..
In just over 4 weeks we depart Dublin for Vigo to walk from Tui to Santiago.. we wish you Buen Camino from Co. Louth

Most read today

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.0%
  • June