Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Situation Albergues Primitivo

YaraS

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello guys,

Im starting my Camino 19th of September and Im curious if its smart to book in advance.
Does anybody knows what the situation is at the moment in Albergues? Do I need to book them already?

Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello guys,

Im starting my Camino 19th of September and Im curious if its smart to book in advance.
Does anybody knows what the situation is at the moment in Albergues? Do I need to book them already?

Thanks!
Just completed Primitivo Sep 1. I prebooked a few weeks before however I understand August is one of the busiest months for Primitivo. There were some days that I knew of that other pilgrims had a hard time finding an available albergue but were able to get into a pension when calling a few days ahead. Others that had not prebooked might have had to go a further distance and off the typical stopping points to find a bed. Not sure if helpful but this was my experience. As a solo, female pilgrim I was glad I had booked ahead so that I could maintain the walk with the people I had become familiar with on my journey.

I start the Primitivo on Sept. 13th. I am on the Salvador starting tomorrow. After reading a bit of the struggles of some, I booked all my stays through to Lugo. Taking the Verde from there to avoid the CF. I have yet to book one night on the CF and Santiago. I plan on booking those from Oviedo on Sept. 11. Due to my poor Spanish and places being full (oh I am doing mostly singles), I had to adjust my distances. For example I have a very long first day tomorrow (37k) for me and then I back off. To more reasonable distances, but off the normal stops, which is fine with me. Best way to tell is to call a few of the places for your distance and see what they tell you. That is what I did and you quickly get a sense for how busy the Camino is going to be. Good luck!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am doing mostly singles
Do you mean that you are staying in single rooms in albergues, or are you booking in hostals, pensions and other hotel-like accommodation? I'm trying to get an idea of whether all accommodation is quite busy or whether the scarcity is mostly in albergues. Thank you and buen camino!

Hi, I am booking single rooms. I am avoiding multiple person rooms. For example I am at the Albergue Pereginos San Francisco de Asia in Leon. I have a private room (it has two beds, but only me in it). I have tried to do that on all nights. Sure I am paying 30 to 40 euro, but given the times, my age, and Covid it is worth it in my opinion. Hope that helps. Buen Camino!

I start the Primitivo on Sept. 13th. I am on the Salvador starting tomorrow. After reading a bit of the struggles of some, I booked all my stays through to Lugo. Taking the Verde from there to avoid the CF. I have yet to book one night on the CF and Santiago. I plan on booking those from Oviedo on Sept. 11. Due to my poor Spanish and places being full (oh I am doing mostly singles), I had to adjust my distances. For example I have a very long first day tomorrow (37k) for me and then I back off. To more reasonable distances, but off the normal stops, which is fine with me. Best way to tell is to call a few of the places for your distance and see what they tell you. That is what I did and you quickly get a sense for how busy the Camino is going to be. Good luck!
I am in Oviedo at the moment. I have booked here, Grado, and Salas because I wanted to get a feel of just how busy it is.

I’ll be checking the municipals when I stop just to see if the bed rush is a problem right now. I’ll pass on what I discover.

one thing you might want to consider is that Oviedo is gearing up for its festival. I think it goes the week you arrive.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hey! Thanks for the anwsers. I decided I didnt want to take risks and booked my accomodations in advance.

Thanks Flig, for your comment about the festival, I did not know about it.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.