A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

"Six Ways to Santiago" Camino documentary

Camino Badges

pattymo97206

Camino(s) past & future
Walked 360km (2012) Planning 790K May (2014)
After waiting a year, I finally got to see the documentary about the Camino. Lydia Smith started filming in 2009. Finally, after five years and 300 hours of film footage, a lot of devoted volunteers and donations, it is making the rounds of film festivals. And making a huge impact! I saw it in Ashford, WA at the Rainier Film Festival where is won Best Feature. In Newport Beach, CA it was given a fourth screening and continues to sell out in Ashland. Eventually, it will be aired on NPR.

"six Ways to Santiago" is a beautiful film. I laughed and I cried and I didn't want it to end. Everything was there...the rain and the mud..the heat...the blisters...and the pain. Yes, there is all of that for a lot of us. However, what overshadowed all that was the power and the beauty and the joy that is the Camino.

Thank you, Lydia. And to all of you about to start your pilgrimage, to those on the Camino now...
Buen Camino..

riatolken

Camino(s) past & future
plan to walk end of may 2013
Please tell me where can I find "six Ways to Santiago" - I would like to watch it xx

DeadFred

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
St Jean-Los Arcos ,Sept, Oct 14'
Los Arcos - Logrono-May16'
Next Logrono to ? - Sept 2019
One way to see this Documentary it is to donate . There are several levels of giving . I made sure that my donation covered the early release of the DVD ( when the $ goal is met) so my wife & I can learn from it when we start our Camino in Sept ( 2014) .

Therefore GIVE so Laurie & I can get our copy viewed before we leave instead of after we return :?

Clickty Click > http://www.caminodocumentary.org/get_involved.php

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Português da Costa (Fall 2018)
Re: "Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago"

You may be waiting a while, Fred ...
As time passes and ideas move from far-out dreams to possibilities to reality, and now that the movie is doing so well at the independent film festivals, the end goal moves out from DVDs and a possible PBS showing to commercial production for international theatre showings, such as enjoyed by “The Way.”
You'll note that to goal for donations has moved way beyond what it was when we first donated. I expect all of the above is going to happen now before DVDs ever get produced, but I'm delighted with the success that Lydia and her team are having, and I'm glad that I was able to donate early on. :D

By the Way, you can view a number of trailers and many segments of the movie on YouTube - there are 31 video clips here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCaminoDocumentary

DeadFred

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
St Jean-Los Arcos ,Sept, Oct 14'
Los Arcos - Logrono-May16'
Next Logrono to ? - Sept 2019
"Six Ways to Santiago" Camino documentary

I am happy for Lydia and her team to . What a legacy!

I will be sad though if there is no DVD before we hit the road but have survived greater conflagrations and will recover :) .

So then... Looking forward to the movie version @ the local Malco Theater and will proudly don my Camino Documentary
ball cap

billbennettoz

Veteran Poster
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2013
Camino Portuguese 2014
Via di Francesco 2015
It goes to show what burgeoning interest there is in the Camino, particularly in the US.

The film "The Way" certainly has boosted awareness.

Congratulations to the filmmakers.

Bill

gnhale

The documentary has previews in many cities. We went this week in Kansas City. It opens here on April 18th. The film is fabulous. I loved every bit, and plan on going again!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%