• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Size and fit when ordering online

FamPed

Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
I am ordering online and I need some help from you that have personal experience of this jacket: Black Diamond W LIQUID POINT SHELL, it is a lightweight GoreTex. Do you recomend it and if so:
  • How do you think it fit?
  • Is it narrow or wide? (I would like to be able wear it with my Woolpower full Zip Jacket 400.)
  • Short in lenght or long? And lenght of arms? (I have long arms)
  • How is the armpits when layering up?
What are your experiance? In size L I am concerned about that I am bigger (1 cm) around the waist, than the size chart. But all the other measurements is ok. So I am thinking that I might drown in the XL. What do you think?

Black Diamond W LIQUID POINT SHELL (Maroon).jpg

And thanks to @Robo for giving me good help and advace regarding rain trousers and pointing me in the right direction about materials. :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You should be able to e-mail the company to find out. Also, if you go to their web site and drill down on this product page, read the fine print. Also check the reviews that others have left. I find these to be helpful.

One other thing you can do is to use Google or Bing to locate a local shop that might sell this item. If you could try one on, it would help.

Finally, if you decide to soldier on and just order it, I have thre suggestions:

1. Order as soon as you can to provide enough time to return the item for exchange if needed.

2. Check the return provisions BEFORE you buy to ensure you can return it for a larger size.

3. Order the next size larger than you were planning to. This is to allow room for the item running small. It also allows extra room for wearing a fleece underneath. IMHO, having a shell garment that is slightly too large is better than having one that is even just a little too small.

To help you, here is the direct link to the comments on the Liquid Point shell:

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en/web-specials/liquid-point-shell-APOJW1_cfg.html#q=Liquid+Point&start=1

EDITED TO ADD: Check here to locate a retailer reasonably near you where you MIGHT find one of these to try on...

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en/retailers-and-dealers

Note that several reviews on the Liquid Point 2017 model parka point out a tighter than expected fit, especially when adding a layer. In my experience, I found that many of these manufacturers size their garments for casual wear, that is without added layers. When buying, you need to first research, then size up accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Personally I would look at if it breathes? Time of yr. walking...I love my Goretex but not sure I would take it on the camino...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@t2andreo I love that you always do your best to help. :) I have already done all the researshing you so wise and kindly suggested. But I didn´t feel really satisfied, and I trust and value the input from you and the other forum members highly. ;) Good advises is always appriciated. :)

I have 1 store for outdoors equipment in town, it´s small, really expensive and don´t have much to choose from. Store nr 2 is 89 km away (Kalmar) and even smaller. Store nr 3, 110 km away (Växjö) and equally small. When I want to look at or try a few different (in this case) jackets, I have to go 210 km to Malmö. (I´m almost at your doorstep @stgcph ;):cool:) All of the shops is located in different directions. :rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot to tell you it´s on SALE.. 2 499 SEK and now 1699 SEK. ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Awesome! now for the testing before the actual walk begins....Good Luck!!

Called the Company about the jacket. They most kindly told me to order both sizes and to send one back free of charge. :)

Thank´s for your help. I LOVE my new jacket!

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.