• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Size limit for luggage transfer

rlrusa

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2016
Hi,

Due to a recent change in plans, my friend and I will be shipping a duffle bag along each day. I've looked on the jacatrans website but I can't seem to find anything about size or weight limits for daily transfer. Does anybody know if there are any for the different companies? We are planning to just use the duffle bag that will hold one of our larger 30 liter backpacks to check on the plane, but it is rather long.

Thanks,
Rachel

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Your duffle bag sounds like a normal size, so it won't be a problem with any of the baggage services. Buen camino.

In 2012 my friend and I had a duffle bag that could fit both our backpacks in it. It was almost as big as a hockey bag. We sent it by Jacotrans quite often and had no problems. We started out sending our packs forward in the one duffle bag and wearing small day bags. Eventually we realized it was more comfortable to wear our backpacks. We carried what we needed for the day (and all our electronics) and the rest we threw into the duffle bag and Jacotrans delivered it to our hotel. It worked really well. One day we realized too late, that my friend had left her guidebook at a hotel. Jacotrans picked up the guidebook for us and delivered it to us in the next town. They were great.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As far as I know the limit is the weight per bag (~15kg if memory serves correctly) not the size. Buen Camino, SY

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back