A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

SJDdP to Irun to join Camino del Norte

Iriebabel

Iriebabel & the cyborg turtle
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
Camino Del Norte end of March 2019
Does anyone know if there is a camino route from SJDdP to Irun or do you you know anyone who has walked it and what infrastructure and amenities are available?

Just a curiosity of mine...

Also curious if anyone walked from Ribadeo along the coast thru Ferrol to Muxia/Finesterra then to Santiago ?

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Does anyone know if there is a camino route from SJDdP to Irun or do you you know anyone who has walked it and what infrastructure and amenities are available?

Also curious if anyone walked from Ribadeo along the coast thru Ferrol to Muxia/Finesterra then to Santiago ?

Here are some links to start with.
https://www.beilari.info/en/st-jean-camino-del-norte

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you both I will definately look into both links. :).

Thanks Sabine wowo that is perfect....just what I wanted. I heard wonderful things about the Bellari also. In April I stayed in La Villa Esponda in a private room/bath the night before I started. Bit pricy but was clean and nice it’s on the main road just opposite the path up hill to the pilgrims office.

If I choose this route I may definately stay at Bellari sounds like a good way to connect with other pilgrims on the first night. Would love to be in St Jean again

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future
Several of us have walked different variants of the Ruta do Mar (Ribadeo to Ferrol) and then to Santiago on the Camino Inglés. There are several threads on the route and it has better signing now I think.
Thank you so much . This will definately be helpful in my planing. I sure others would find it useful too @Z_May

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Seven Compostelas in Three years and counting......
There are two ways from St. Jean to Irun. The one I walked was the Voi de la Nive (St. Jean to Bayonne, then I walked Bayonne to Irun). There is also the GR100 that goes direct St. Jean to Irun, very mountainous, very beautiful.

I know about the GR100 because I accidentally followed it when leaving St. Jean thinking it was the Voi de la Nive! Was very pretty, though tough! (I switched over when I found I was on the wrong path)!

I will try to find some links for you

Davey

Camino(s) past & future
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)

At the end of August, I followed the Voie Nive Bidassoa ( different to Voie de la Nive). Check this website, it has maps, and info: http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/les-...ie-nive-bidassoa-st-jean-p-port-hendaye-irun/
This was designed and is being developed by the office in SJPDP.
Bon Chemin, Buen Camino
Andrew

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Seven Compostelas in Three years and counting......

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future
I wonder is this route is open at the beginning of april or end of March? How difficult is it....for someone with a bum knee? I saw maps also on the route from Roncesvalles to Irun which looks interesting also.
Any comments are welcomed

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 126 15.5%
  • May

Votes: 198 24.3%