• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

sjpdp aug 31st

keithrevenge

hey everyone,keith here from Ireland,im arriving in sjpdp aug 31st in the evening as my flight doesnt land in biarritz till 3pm and the train from bayonne doesnt leave till 6.15 pm.I was hoping to find a few people to share a taxi from the airport to sjpdp but have had no luck yet.Is there anybody on here walking the camino the same time as me?Ill start walking sept 1st for 7 to 8 days as thats all i could take off work.Its a start anyway and ill come bk in a few months and continue from where i finish.I wonder what the weather will be like?do you think that ill really have to bring rain wear?Anyone got any tips on what to and what not to bring for this time of year??

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Keith:

YOU WILL NEED RAIN GEAR!!!

Ultreya,
Joe

Hey Keith

If you don't find anyone through the forum you may be able to round up a few people at the bus stop outside the airport at Biarritz. I think the flight from Stansted arrives about the same time as the Dublin one, so there could be a number of peregrinos around. When I was there in April there was a guy who was really keen to get a taxi. He enquired, and it cost about 90 euros. He ended up getting the train from Bayonne with everyone else instead. That bus stop was where I met my first dinner/walking companions so don't rule out public transport! There's a bar outside the station in Bayonne where you can kill time with a beer/sandwich. The pilgrim office in SJPP knows what time the train arrives so they'll be ready for you and sort you out with passport/accommodation.

No idea about the weather, I'm afraid - as I say I was there in spring. If you don't take rain wear at least take easy-to-dry!

Buen Camino!
Keith

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks so much for your help and advice.A taxi would be a lot quicker and easier to get sjpdp and it would be nice to have a few hours to look around.express buricot do a taxi cheap if i get a few ppl
1 pers 2 pers 3 pers 4 pers 5 pers 6 pers 7 pers 8 pers
Biarritz (airport, train station) 66 € 33 € 22 € 17 € 15 € 15 € 15 € 15 €
fingers crossed ill find a few,if not i guess its the bus and the train and not arriving in sjpdp till 7.30

Yeah, it's a pain having to wait a couple of hours, but if that's what you have to do don't worry about it. The train will be full of other peregrinos in exactly the same situation as you. I was planning to stay in Bayonne to make sure I got a bed, but in the end I just went with the flow. The nicest albergue I stayed in was in SJPP!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back