• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SJPdP Starting 27 August 2019

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It will be hot! Take plenty of water, especially on the Route Napoleon. Above all, have a great Camino.

You will love it! I did my French Camino four years ago, starting end of August and it was great. You will have lots of time to read about it and to have all the advice you may need.
My best advice to you is - a lot of training and then ENJOY!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Denise, I arrive in SJPDP late on 8/27 & start walking with friend Scott on 28th. Did the CF Sept. 6- Oct. 12 2018. Absolutely fantastic experience. Highly recommend you stop at Orrison first day. It's only about a 3 hour hike, but it is 100% up hill. The albergue experience there is memorable (my first). Comfortable mattress on bunk bed. Nice shared bathrooms with good showers. Laundry machines with dryers or clothelines. Very nice communal dinner for all guests (no place else to eat)- plenty to eat, soup, salad, bread, chicken with vegetables, wine, but best was everyone was asked to stand up, introduce themselves, say where they were from, and why were they here. It was great- 50 guests (full house) 6 said they were there for purely religious reasons, about 10 for spiritual reasons, and the rest of us (about 34) said for the adventure, or to meet new people, or like me- didn't have a clue :) . A truly amazing thing was there were 12 people from my city of Seattle! Except for 3 or 4 couples, we were all strangers to each other. Orrison was the only albergue that went thru this ritual, & later, the feeling of good fortune by all of us who would bump into each other along the way, sometimes weeks later, was universal. BREAK up the hardest first stage to Roncesvalles by stopping at Orrison.
PS - make reservations for both Orrison and Roncesvalles at least a month or two in advance. Both were turning people away last year in early Sept. Buen Caamino, mike

You will love it! I did my French Camino four years ago, starting end of August and it was great. You will have lots of time to read about it and to have all the advice you may need.
My best advice to you is - a lot of training and then ENJOY!
Thanks MethaV, will start training Mid Jan.

Thanks MethaV, will start training Mid Jan.
Hi Denise, I arrive in SJPDP late on 8/27 & start walking with friend Scott on 28th. Did the CF Sept. 6- Oct. 12 2018. Absolutely fantastic experience. Highly recommend you stop at Orrison first day. It's only about a 3 hour hike, but it is 100% up hill. The albergue experience there is memorable (my first). Comfortable mattress on bunk bed. Nice shared bathrooms with good showers. Laundry machines with dryers or clothelines. Very nice communal dinner for all guests (no place else to eat)- plenty to eat, soup, salad, bread, chicken with vegetables, wine, but best was everyone was asked to stand up, introduce themselves, say where they were from, and why were they here. It was great- 50 guests (full house) 6 said they were there for purely religious reasons, about 10 for spiritual reasons, and the rest of us (about 34) said for the adventure, or to meet new people, or like me- didn't have a clue :) . A truly amazing thing was there were 12 people from my city of Seattle! Except for 3 or 4 couples, we were all strangers to each other. Orrison was the only albergue that went thru this ritual, & later, the feeling of good fortune by all of us who would bump into each other along the way, sometimes weeks later, was universal. BREAK up the hardest first stage to Roncesvalles by stopping at Orrison.
PS - make reservations for both Orrison and Roncesvalles at least a month or two in advance. Both were turning people away last year in early Sept. Buen Caamino, mike
Hi Mike, thanks for all the info, always good to have. I do plan to stop in Orbison and take it easy to start with. I’m meeting up with friends on the 22/9 in Astorga so other than that I have no plans , will take it as it comes and look forward to this experience.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It will be hot! Take plenty of water, especially on the Route Napoleon. Above all, have a great Camino.
Hi Glenshiro, hopefully The weather will be kind to me, but will be sure to have plenty of water anyway.

Does anyone have the email address for the albergue in Orrison, I am unable to contact them to make a reservation.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Mike, I have taken your advise and have booked in Orrison and Roncesvalles, getting really excited now. I'm looking to find a share ride from Pau to SJPDP as the G7 summit is on and I have been re-routed to Pau.
Thanks for all your suggestions and encouragement .

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Hello, everyone I am doing the camino de france next spring on a bike. It looks really rocky going down hill from Burguete. Is there a safer rought not going down the rocky path? Should I stay on...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back