• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SJPP - Astorga in 21 days?

tassie_nick

Hi everyone, this is my first post here so please forgive general stupidity :D

I'm planning to walk the Camino Frances this July/Aug, starting in St Jean Pied de Port on July 17. However, I'm suppose to be meeting with three friends in Astorga on Aug 6 to complete the final section to Santiago.

So basically, is SJPP - Astorga in 21 days reasonable for a bloke with a high level of pack-fitness (I just finished a season guiding in Tasmania)?

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers, Nick

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Nick!

Welcome to the forum!

Please, do ask all the questions you might have and you will get plenty of answers, all kinds!
Or use the search button above to find out if your question has been asked and answered before.

Yes, it is reasonable within 21 days - I think I did in 19 days and I am not an athlete. You probably have space for some rest days - perhaps in Burgos or Leon - so much to see!

Buen camino,

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Greetings from Jerusalem and Shalom

I would like to support annie here. There is so much to see to experience to enjoy to be overwhelmed by all along the Camino. To run through Pamplona, Burgos, Leon, even places like Puente la Reina, Estella, San Martin in Fromista, Carrion de los Condes because of the worry concerning a timetable maybe a great mistake. There is so much art, architecture, beauty, new vistas, and new friendships to make and cement just waiting there for you to chose which you want and on what day. Take your time, explore, revel, spiritualize and internalize the experience with yourself. There are many many buses to Astorga every day from all over northern Spain should you tarry along the way and time becomes too short. It’s your pilgrimage and your spirit.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back