A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Sleep phones

Good afternoon
Has anyone tried sleep phones or any similar product? They plug into an iPod or IPad, and can be used with soft music or a white noise app ( ocean waves, fan, rain, etc). Seems like an ideal solution for an extremely light sleeper like myself. Would appreciate any feedback as I consider ordering.... thx

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
Wouldn't that deplete the battery for the next day? Although -- you could take a small power bank and recharge it in your lodging at night, and then use it to recharge your phone the next day.

Lmsundaze

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2016), CP (2017)
I sleep all night with audio books playing on my iPhone. I pick something boring that makes me sleep. And as davebugg suggests I charge my power bank at night.

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2, El Norte incompleto
I use my earbuds and listen to podcasts to drift off to sleep. I can set a timer on my podcast app, so it doesn't use much battery. And I'm almost always able to find a bed close enough to a power outlet to keep charged.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept (2019)
Good afternoon
Has anyone tried sleep phones or any similar product? They plug into an iPod or IPad, and can be used with soft music or a white noise app ( ocean waves, fan, rain, etc). Seems like an ideal solution for an extremely light sleeper like myself. Would appreciate any feedback as I consider ordering....thx
I use an app called White Noise (I have occasional tinnitus). It’s a free app and has lots of sounds from rain on rooftops, babbling brooks and gentle wind chimes (my favourite) right through to actual white noise. You can buy ‘premium’ sounds on it but I’ve been using it for a long time with just the free ones. Has a timer you can set to switch off. Can recommend this. Mary

Camino(s) past & future
(Le Puy- St Jean Pied a Port (September 2018 )

St. Jean Pied a Port - Finisterre 2008
I use my earbuds and listen to podcasts to drift off to sleep. I can set a timer on my podcast app, so it doesn't use much battery. And I'm almost always able to find a bed close enough to a power outlet to keep charged.
I do the same thing- podcasts to drift off to sleep and also cover the ringing sound of tinitus! The power however... will need some luck there.

D

Deleted member 39850

I use an app called White Noise (I have occasional tinnitus). It’s a free app and has lots of sounds from rain on rooftops, babbling brooks and gentle wind chimes (my favourite) right through to actual white noise. You can buy ‘premium’ sounds on it but I’ve been using it for a long time with just the free ones. Has a timer you can set to switch off. Can recommend this. Mary
I second the "white noise" app. I also use it, and it's great for drowning out halfway noise when I'm at work too. I think it works with Android phones as well as iOS.

Camino(s) past & future
4/2011 VdlP,
4/2014 Rota Vincentina, Portugues.
4/2016 Aragones, Frances.
4/2019 Frances
I am a very light sleeper as well and have tried different ear plugs but I found them all uncomfortable and didn’t stop the noise. Before my last walk I bought some Bose ear buds, the buds are silicon, you get three different sizes and are very comfortable which meant I can get a good nights sleep. I make sure I recharge them on arrival at my next nights accommodation. I use them with white noise or you can run them through your phone for music. I also use an eye mask to block out those early morning lights. They are now an essential part of my kit.

owms2323

Credential question
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Frances (2014) Camino Frances (2016) Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2017)
Good afternoon
Has anyone tried sleep phones or any similar product? They plug into an iPod or IPad, and can be used with soft music or a white noise app ( ocean waves, fan, rain, etc). Seems like an ideal solution for an extremely light sleeper like myself. Would appreciate any feedback as I consider ordering.... thx
I used them on 3 caminos. I take an IPODfor nights and IPhone for days so no battery problems

Thanks, just purchased through amazon. We are staying in private rooms so charging shouldn’t be an issue, my roommate is a heavy snorer and I a light sleeper...

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%