• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sleep phones

auburnfive

Veteran Member
Good afternoon
Has anyone tried sleep phones or any similar product? They plug into an iPod or IPad, and can be used with soft music or a white noise app ( ocean waves, fan, rain, etc). Seems like an ideal solution for an extremely light sleeper like myself. Would appreciate any feedback as I consider ordering.... thx

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wouldn't that deplete the battery for the next day? Although -- you could take a small power bank and recharge it in your lodging at night, and then use it to recharge your phone the next day.

I sleep all night with audio books playing on my iPhone. I pick something boring that makes me sleep. And as davebugg suggests I charge my power bank at night.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I use my earbuds and listen to podcasts to drift off to sleep. I can set a timer on my podcast app, so it doesn't use much battery. And I'm almost always able to find a bed close enough to a power outlet to keep charged.

Good afternoon
Has anyone tried sleep phones or any similar product? They plug into an iPod or IPad, and can be used with soft music or a white noise app ( ocean waves, fan, rain, etc). Seems like an ideal solution for an extremely light sleeper like myself. Would appreciate any feedback as I consider ordering....thx
I use an app called White Noise (I have occasional tinnitus). It’s a free app and has lots of sounds from rain on rooftops, babbling brooks and gentle wind chimes (my favourite) right through to actual white noise. You can buy ‘premium’ sounds on it but I’ve been using it for a long time with just the free ones. Has a timer you can set to switch off. Can recommend this. Mary

I use my earbuds and listen to podcasts to drift off to sleep. I can set a timer on my podcast app, so it doesn't use much battery. And I'm almost always able to find a bed close enough to a power outlet to keep charged.
I do the same thing- podcasts to drift off to sleep and also cover the ringing sound of tinitus! The power however... will need some luck there.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I use an app called White Noise (I have occasional tinnitus). It’s a free app and has lots of sounds from rain on rooftops, babbling brooks and gentle wind chimes (my favourite) right through to actual white noise. You can buy ‘premium’ sounds on it but I’ve been using it for a long time with just the free ones. Has a timer you can set to switch off. Can recommend this. Mary

I second the "white noise" app. I also use it, and it's great for drowning out halfway noise when I'm at work too. I think it works with Android phones as well as iOS.

I am a very light sleeper as well and have tried different ear plugs but I found them all uncomfortable and didn’t stop the noise. Before my last walk I bought some Bose ear buds, the buds are silicon, you get three different sizes and are very comfortable which meant I can get a good nights sleep. I make sure I recharge them on arrival at my next nights accommodation. I use them with white noise or you can run them through your phone for music. I also use an eye mask to block out those early morning lights. They are now an essential part of my kit.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good afternoon
Has anyone tried sleep phones or any similar product? They plug into an iPod or IPad, and can be used with soft music or a white noise app ( ocean waves, fan, rain, etc). Seems like an ideal solution for an extremely light sleeper like myself. Would appreciate any feedback as I consider ordering.... thx
I used them on 3 caminos. I take an IPODfor nights and IPhone for days so no battery problems

Thanks, just purchased through amazon. We are staying in private rooms so charging shouldn’t be an issue, my roommate is a heavy snorer and I a light sleeper...

I am a very light sleeper as well and have tried different ear plugs but I found them all uncomfortable and didn’t stop the noise. Before my last walk I bought some Bose ear buds, the buds are silicon, you get three different sizes and are very comfortable which meant I can get a good nights sleep. I make sure I recharge them on arrival at my next nights accommodation. I use them with white noise or you can run them through your phone for music. I also use an eye mask to block out those early morning lights. They are now an essential part of my kit.
[/QUOTE
Thanks, just purchased through amazon. We are staying in private rooms so charging shouldn’t be an issue, my roommate is a heavy snorer and I a light sleeper...
I used them on 3 caminos. I take an IPODfor nights and IPhone for days so no battery problems
Besides Bose earbuds, which are expensive, what kind did other people buy? I am used to using a white noise machine (Lectrofan) at home, so I wll need to find another way to make white noise while sleeping. Wondering about cozyphones. Is it better to go wireless - but then you have to worry about charging them up and they are more expensive. Then there's the problem of keeping your phone going all night.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I find the earbud that came with my Samsung phone to be the most comfortable. I wouldn't get wireless ones. I like that mine are attached to each other and my phone during the night. Plus, there's the charging factor.

I find the earbud that came with my Samsung phone to be the most comfortable. I wouldn't get wireless ones. I like that mine are attached to each other and my phone during the night. Plus, there's the charging factor.
Thanks, this is my first camino walk, so I appreciate the tip. I am trying to figure out ways to mask the noise of fellow pilgims in a way that will work in the hostels. It sounds like it is better to go with wired ear phones, so I will keep looking for something that will be comfortable for sleeping. I may get an extension cord (would 6 ft be long enough?), so I can increase the possibility of being able to keep my phone plugged in overnight.

Good afternoon
I use the White Noise app on my iPhone and iPad. I wear a buff to keep the earbuds in at night. I also have an Anker power pack that I can use to keep my iPhone powered up overnight if I don’t have access to an outlet near my bed. White Noise is a lifesaver for me when it comes to sleep. I don’t do well with earplugs.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thanks, this is my first camino walk, so I appreciate the tip. I am trying to figure out ways to mask the noise of fellow pilgims in a way that will work in the hostels. It sounds like it is better to go with wired ear phones, so I will keep looking for something that will be comfortable for sleeping. I may get an extension cord (would 6 ft be long enough?), so I can increase the possibility of being able to keep my phone plugged in overnight.
Yes, wired earbuds are the way to go. Apple’s EarPods only last five hours on one charge. Wired earbuds also draw less battery power from your mobile device.

I use a 10 foot power cable, and I'm usually able to keep my phone plugged in at my bed. On the rare occasions that I can't I use a 5200 mah power pack.

I use a 10 foot power cable, and I'm usually able to keep my phone plugged in at my bed. On the rare occasions that I can't I use a 5200 mah power pack.
I agree on the ten foot cable. Anker makes great cables. They’re actually better made than Apple’s.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.