Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

LIVE from the Camino Sleep sack dilema

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

BonitaHolland

Past OR future Camino
Starting 3rd Sep 2016
I'm arriving in a few days to walk the latter half of Camino Frances and I am torn.... silk or fleece sleep sack for September? Thanks!
I've been in the same position, but have decided to take sleeping bag plus Sarong.... I'm away for 40 days or more. The Sarong works as a cover all as a towel and as a sheet and I've got the bag as pillow or if the weather turns.

M

Mark Lee

Just walked the CF (mid July-mid August). I carried a synthetic bag liner and it was all I needed. In fact, it was so warm for the majority of the walk I only used it about 10-12 times. Rest of the time I either slept on top of it, or just slept on top of the mattress. Probably half or more of the albergues I stayed in had blankets available in the event I got cold, but I think I only used one once. If I had brought an actual sleeping bag I would have no doubt ditched it early in CF.
I'm sure a bit cooler in September, but I think the silk one will suffice.

bunnymac

Past OR future Camino
CF 2012 SJPP-Logrono, 2013 Logrono-Burgos, 2014 Burgos-Leon
CF August/September 2016 SJPP- Santiago
I must be a really cold creature. I am in Santiago now having just finished the CF with my two daughters. With the exception of last night, we have used our season 1 sleeping bags EVERY night for the last month. The only reason we didn"t use them last night is because our albergue had lovely duvets (one of which I am wrapped in right now)

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

kjones

Past OR future Camino
CF Spring 2017
Thanks to everyone for your comments :) I've decided to take the silk liner
I have my sarong as well - thanks BonitaHolland for reminding me how useful they can be!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 104 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads