A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Sleeping bag on the VDLP?

Dougie1982valley

Camino(s) past & future
July 2018
Hello all.

I never once needed a sleeping bag on the CF last summer. Do any of you wise pilgrims out there believe I shall need to take one for the VDLP which I shall be starting on April 10th.

Thank you in advance :)

Dougie.

Hikoi

Camino(s) past & future
VdlP (2016)
Jesus Trail (Nazareth to Capernaum) 2016
Way of St Francis (Pietralunga to Assisi) 2016
Hey Dougie - as you'll know it all depends on your tolerance to cold and what the weather is doing. I couldn't sleep if I were cold. I took a sleeping bag when I walked the VdlP, beginning at the end of March and finishing at the beginning of May. It was quite cold in the hills of Galicia. I stayed at the monestery of Osiera and it was like sleeping in a fridge! Not all albergues had blankets... I'd take one that you can open like a duvet. (just saw you new post - wise man!)

Plataman

Camino(s) past & future
Frances: (2009), (2013), Via de la Plata; (2016)
Done the VLDP twice, once in spring, once in fall, used my sleeping bag on both, maybe a dozen times. Take a silk or lightweight liner, that you will use regularly. The sleeping bag will be used when it’s cool, and there are no extra blankets.

Dougie1982valley

Camino(s) past & future
July 2018
Hey Dougie - as you'll know it all depends on your tolerance to cold and what the weather is doing. I couldn't sleep if I were cold. I took a sleeping bag when I walked the VdlP, beginning at the end of March and finishing at the beginning of May. It was quite cold in the hills of Galicia. I stayed at the monestery of Osiera and it was like sleeping in a fridge! Not all albergues had blankets... I'd take one that you can open like a duvet. (just saw you new post - wise man!)
You make a lot of sense, particularly if sleeping in a monastery ends up being part of the trip. Thanks for your input :)

Dougie1982valley

Camino(s) past & future
July 2018
Done the VLDP twice, once in spring, once in fall, used my sleeping bag on both, maybe a dozen times. Take a silk or lightweight liner, that you will use regularly. The sleeping bag will be used when it’s cool, and there are no extra blankets.
Noted! Thank you!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 223 24.8%