• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sleeping bag or liner on norte tomorrow

Tamargrace

Time of past OR future Camino
None yet
Im going on the Norte tomorrow and was wondering if anyone is there now and how cold it is at night??? The temperature has slightly dipped and I am wondering if I need both sleeping bag and liner or just one.... At the moment I packed my bag without sleeping bag and just took liner but I am worried I will regret that as it has been a cold week so far...

Gracias xxx

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I was on the Portuguese Way in April, and am very glad I had a light weight camp blanket. Some nights are chilly and depending on the Albergue you might not have a blanket provided and you might not have central heat. It was surprising how many pilgrims did not bring a sleeping bag or liner, and then complained when a window was cracked for air circulation.

I've been on the Norte for seven days and the temperature is a little different in each albuergue. I've been fine with just my sleeping bag. My wife who gets colder than I do has occasionally used the blanket provided at the albergue on top of the sleeping bag but most nights the sleeping bag is perfect.

Last edited:
Hi, we’ve been on Norte for ten days, and yes it has got colder. But am finding albergues are providing blankets and heaters are on ... so liners have been fine for us. Weather forecast looking better too!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If you plan on going on the primitivo,take a bag. I went in September last year and took a silk liner. I would wake in the night cold and had to rummage in the dark to put on clothes. The abergue in bortimoro rented blankets, but did not see any blankets from Oviedo to Lugo.

I walked the Norte mid Apr to mid May. I used my light weight down sleeping bag many times.
I also had a silk sleeping bag liner. Used it when was too warm for the bag.

When got cool - cold I used both together. Liner inside the sleeping bag.

Regardless of the walk, season, etc, I always take:

- sleeping bag
- silk liner
- emergency blanket
- neck gaiter
- smart wool, small, light weight, gloves
- Fleece or wool watch type of a cap

Have used all or most of the above items on my walks. And was glad I had them.

Much rather have them than not.

Get ready for some nice walking on the Norte..... you will get a good work out...at least the first week.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.