• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Sleeping bag or liner?

Kate Allenger

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking the Camino Frances August 29 2018!!
I'm going to walk for a few days in July - starting from Astorga and seeing how far I get. Last time I walked in September, I used a fleece sleeping bag liner and that worked quite well. Do you think it will be warm enough or should I take a sleeping bag as it will be more mountainous? Thank you!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I'm going to walk for a few days in July - starting from Astorga and seeing how far I get. Last time I walked in September, I used a fleece sleeping bag liner and that worked quite well. Do you think it will be warm enough or should I take a sleeping bag as it will be more mountainous? Thank you!
I use a silk liner and a tiny down blanket to tuck inside when it's cold. I have found that I needed the down blanket in O Cebreiro in August, among other places in the summer. I know that many/most albergues have blankets, but I don't want to rely on finding one, and many that I've seen I wouldn't want to touch.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I stopped using my bag completely after Astorga. This was mid-June to mid-July. Occasionally I did use albergue blankets with the disposable sheets.

liner is all that is needed in July...even in Galicia

I use a silk liner and a tiny down blanket to tuck inside when it's cold. I have found that I needed the down blanket in O Cebreiro in August, among other places in the summer. I know that many/most albergues have blankets, but I don't want to rely on finding one, and many that I've seen I wouldn't want to touch.
Thanks very much

A selection of Camino Jewellery
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

In a word, "yes," too warm/hot for a bag in July. Besides, alburges, et al, have blankets if you need one.

You could take a parero doubles as cover, blanket, dress, scarf, tent, swim suit, table cloth , towel.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sorry there is a r to much pareo it’s a big thin beach towel sarong typ

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You could take a parero doubles as cover, blanket, dress, scarf, tent, swim suit, table cloth , towel.
What Delphinoula said!!!
I used my sarong for these things PLUS as a bunk curtain, fashionable head wrap, halter top and medical knee wrap!

Back