• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sleeping bag or liner?

Kate Allenger

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking the Camino Frances August 29 2018!!
I'm going to walk for a few days in July - starting from Astorga and seeing how far I get. Last time I walked in September, I used a fleece sleeping bag liner and that worked quite well. Do you think it will be warm enough or should I take a sleeping bag as it will be more mountainous? Thank you!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm going to walk for a few days in July - starting from Astorga and seeing how far I get. Last time I walked in September, I used a fleece sleeping bag liner and that worked quite well. Do you think it will be warm enough or should I take a sleeping bag as it will be more mountainous? Thank you!
I use a silk liner and a tiny down blanket to tuck inside when it's cold. I have found that I needed the down blanket in O Cebreiro in August, among other places in the summer. I know that many/most albergues have blankets, but I don't want to rely on finding one, and many that I've seen I wouldn't want to touch.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I stopped using my bag completely after Astorga. This was mid-June to mid-July. Occasionally I did use albergue blankets with the disposable sheets.

liner is all that is needed in July...even in Galicia

I use a silk liner and a tiny down blanket to tuck inside when it's cold. I have found that I needed the down blanket in O Cebreiro in August, among other places in the summer. I know that many/most albergues have blankets, but I don't want to rely on finding one, and many that I've seen I wouldn't want to touch.
Thanks very much

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

In a word, "yes," too warm/hot for a bag in July. Besides, alburges, et al, have blankets if you need one.

You could take a parero doubles as cover, blanket, dress, scarf, tent, swim suit, table cloth , towel.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Sorry there is a r to much pareo it’s a big thin beach towel sarong typ

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You could take a parero doubles as cover, blanket, dress, scarf, tent, swim suit, table cloth , towel.
What Delphinoula said!!!
I used my sarong for these things PLUS as a bunk curtain, fashionable head wrap, halter top and medical knee wrap!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.