A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Sleeping bag, yes or no starting from Arles, Sept 21 to Castres.

cdnwine

Camino(s) past & future
Porto to Santiago in early Feb 2015
We are debating whether or not to bring our sleeping bags. Walking from Arles to Castre, starting Sept 21 or 22. Don't know how many gites d'drapes we will be able to stay at. What is your experience?

Advertisment

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy 2010-11, Prague 2012, Nuremberg 2013, Einsiedeln 2015, Geneva 2017-18
We are debating whether or not to bring our sleeping bags. Walking from Arles to Castre, starting Sept 21 or 22. Don't know how many gites d'drapes we will be able to stay at. What is your experience?
Although the gites on the Le Puy route all have blankets available, given the cooler fall temperatures, I would lean toward taking a lightweight (one-pound/half-kilo) sleeping bag.

Dan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2013
Chemin Le Puy 2014
Pennine Way, UK 2015
Camino Del Norte 2016
Arles Route 2018
We left Arles on 22 March this year. Finished at Puente about 41 days later. Did not need sleeping bags. Every place had blankets. It was the coldest spring they've had in this part of France for years. And that's not my opinion - that was the general comment from the French locals.
However, September could still be pretty warm. It's your call, but if I was doing Arles to Castres in September I'd not take a sleeping bag.
One thing: the blankets can be rough textured. They might irritate sensitive skin. A silk body bag to slip into solves that.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%