• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sleeping bag

john milburn

Time of past OR future Camino
May 12th 2016
I am walking the VDLP from Seville in May. Do I need to take a sleeping bag or will a silk liner be sufficient

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Depends where you intend to sleep. If you are staying in alberques and the weight is not an issue, I would take a lightweight bag. Even though it was the hottest May on VDLP last year, I find myself pulling the sleeping bag over in the mornings.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I always take a very lightweight sleeping bag, even in summer. Buen Camino, SY

Most read last week in this forum

Something a little unusual on the Spanish news websites today. Two pilgrims forced to climb an oak tree to escape from a cow defending her calf. Apparently they called the Guardia Civil from their...
Hello, I am researching the Sanabrés and have discovered that since the AVE construction is complete, this section from Requejo to Padornelo has a new route available along the Requejo River. Our...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back