• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sleeping Bags

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sea to Summit TR1 - 390gms. Can be used as a bag or unzipped to a blanket, very small pack size

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
For years I carried a Marmot Pounder Plus.
Then I bought a down bag and removed the zipper and hood.
Now it is a down blanket.

I will be taking a Double Black Diamond duvet blanket, currently available at amazon.com for Us$60 (I bought mine at Costco for 30C$ during the holidays!). I took it to my seamstress who added snapbottons in case I want to use it closed.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh, please don't destroy it.... :eek: It looks so beautiful when it is new! (Of course I have the same one). Just be aware they are popular - but also good (in the warm months, or combined with the blanket from the albergue).

Oh, please don't destroy it.... :eek: It looks so beautiful when it is new! (Of course I have the same one). Just be aware they are popular - but also good (in the warm months, or combined with the blanket from the albergue).
I've treated mine to a silk liner from Decathalon too. Perhaps the felt-tip pen is a bit harsh for brand new bag. I'll have to think of something else to make it my own.................

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Oh that's wonderful! Now we have the same sleeping bags:) I am glad I could be useful.
It is really easy to wash it in a washing machine.

Here is a list we compiled few months ago, under 1kg:

------- Model --------- Weight ---- Style ---- Comfort --Fill -------- Size ------------ Price usd$$
1. Down blanket ----- 196g ------ quilt ------- 13c?? --- 650 ---- 60 x 40in --$ 72, Monbell
2. Magic 125 zip ----- 285g ------ bag/quilt --- 13c --- 850 ------ std --------$175, Cumulus
3. Yeti passion ------- 320g ------ bag/quilt --- 15c ---- 850 ------ std -------$350, outdoorfair
4. Zpacks 900 ------- 323g ------- bag/quilt ---- 5c ---- 900 ------ std ------$350, zpacks
5. Spark spl ---------- 348g ------- bag --------- 12c ---- 850 -------std ------$299, submithut
6. Traveller TR1 ----- 389g ------- bag/quilt -- 14c ---- 750 ------- std ------- $220, Lacordee
7. Western everlite -- 400g ------- bag -------- 7c ----- xxx --------std ------- $295, Backcountry
8. Shenandoah ------ 430g ------- quilt -------- 7c ----- 800 -------std ------- $180, jacksrbetter
9. Down Hugger ----- 461g ------- bag --------- 8c -----900 ------- std ------- $420, montbell
10. Atlus superlight -- 600g ------- bag -------- 14c ---- synthetic -- std ------ $ 60, ferrovicmar
11. Baikal 750 -------- 613g -------- bag -------- 9c ---- synthetic ---std ------ $ xx, millet
12.Flicker nano quilt - 624g ------- quilt ------ 4.5c ---- 850 ------- std ------ $229 fetheredfriends
13. Traveller 50 ------- 650g ------- bag ------- 11c ---- synthetic ---std ------ $50, Mt warehouse
14. Quechua ---------- 700g ------- bag -------- 15c --- synthetic ---std ------$ 80, decathelon
15. EMS Boreal 40 --- 805g ------- bag -------- 4.5c --- synthetic ---std ------$160, ems
16. Cooper-7 ---------- 950g ------- Rectangle -- 7c ---- synthetic ---std ----- $ 70, hotcore

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow. Those are the prices you guys pay in US/Canada? No surprise that so many Spanish and French pilgrims buy their sport equipment in Decathlon. For example this 700g quechua 15° sleeping bag costs £30 in UK and 40 euro or less in France or Spain.
For those interested, there is a Decathlon store (here's the map) on the way from Biarritz airport to Bayonne (you need to get off the bus at the "Union" stop by the McDonalds). I bought a pair of walking poles there as I couldn't bring them on the plane. After paying 7 euro a piece I had no problem with leaving them at the last albergue in Muxia.
By the way I am not a Decathlon representative :) it just seems to me it is the most popular brand on the Camino
The Canadian dollar has been going down the drain for months now, so these are the prices we pay for imported good. Trouble is that when the dollar is skyhigh even higher than the US$ prices barely drop. Excuses: there is inventory paid at a higher price to get rid of, it's expensive to change pricing in computer systems, labels, etc. Truth: we as consumers have already shown what we are willing to pay, so why lower prices. You should see what we pay for gas and cars!

What one can buy for $50-$70 range are synthetic bags. The expensive bags on the list are down bags with 200-500g weight category. Of course reduced weight comes at a premium. At least one has several choices depending on the budget and comfort needs.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.