Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sleeping in/near Pobra de Brollón — 2019 guide

peregrina2000

Staff member
Sadly, the lovely As Viñas pensión has now closed its doors for good. Unless and until somebody re-opens it, this creates a big hole. Quiroga to Monforte is about 35.5 km, and many people liked to split that stage up by stopping in Pobra de Brollón, about 23 km from Quiroga.

Are these all the choices? Any direct info? Help much appreciated.

1. The polideportivo in Pobra de Brollón was available for pilgrims in Summer 2018. Press reports say it is for 2018 only. For 2019, the town hopes to have the old Guardia Civil barracks (or at least a room or two in this empty building) renovated for an albergue. https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notic...s-camino-invierno/00031528144889178245218.htm
Any updates or more specific info? I assume that if the barracks are not ready for pilgrims in 2019, the polideportivo will continue to be available, because the mayor seems quite insistent in keeping Pobra de Brollón on the Invierno radar.

Gronze lists two places in Salcedo, 3.6 km off route and one in Labrada, 350 m off route.

2. Salcedo: Hotel O Forno, Tel. 982 430 501 OR 619 813 834

3. Salcedo: Casas Rurales A Salanova, Tel. 982 430 501 or 619 813 834 (same telephone numbers as hotel, so I assume it’s one owner)

Website for hotel and casas rurales: http://www.turismoruralensalcedo.net/

4. Labrada: Pensión Pacita, 982 430 008.
I cannot find Labrada on google maps, but Gronze says it is 350 m from Pobra de Brollón, which would make it about a 20 minute walk.

Thanks! Buen camino, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sadly, the lovely As Viñas pensión has now closed its doors for good. Unless and until somebody re-opens it, this creates a big hole. Quiroga to Monforte is about 35.5 km, and many people liked to split that stage up by stopping in Pobra de Brollón, about 23 km from Quiroga.

Are these all the choices? Any direct info? Help much appreciated.

1. The polideportivo in Pobra de Brollón was available for pilgrims in Summer 2018. Press reports say it is for 2018 only. For 2019, the town hopes to have the old Guardia Civil barracks (or at least a room or two in this empty building) renovated for an albergue. https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notic...s-camino-invierno/00031528144889178245218.htm
Any updates or more specific info? I assume that if the barracks are not ready for pilgrims in 2019, the polideportivo will continue to be available, because the mayor seems quite insistent in keeping Pobra de Brollón on the Invierno radar.

Gronze lists two places in Salcedo, 3.6 km off route and one in Labrada, 350 m off route.

2. Salcedo: Hotel O Forno, Tel. 982 430 501 OR 619 813 834

3. Salcedo: Casas Rurales A Salanova, Tel. 982 430 501 or 619 813 834 (same telephone numbers as hotel, so I assume it’s one owner)

Website for hotel and casas rurales: http://www.turismoruralensalcedo.net/

4. Labrada: Pensión Pacita, 982 430 008.
I cannot find Labrada on google maps, but Gronze says it is 350 m from Pobra de Brollón, which would make it about a 20 minute walk.

Thanks! Buen camino, Laurie
Hostal Pacita is in Barxa de Lor. That's how I found it.

Hostal Pacita is in Barxa de Lor. That's how I found it.

Thanks so much! I had totally mis-read Gronze. Pacita is 350 m from the camino, NOT from Pobra de Brollón. So that means that if you want to stay near Pobra, Salceda and its hotel-casa rural is the best place to do that. Alaskadiver, is the owner going to pick you up in Pobra de Brollón and take you back there the next morning?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks so much! I had totally mis-read Gronze. Pacita is 350 m from the camino, NOT from Pobra de Brollón. So that means that if you want to stay near Pobra, Salceda and its hotel-casa rural is the best place to do that. Alaskadiver, is the owner going to pick you up in Pobra de Brollón and take you back there the next morning?
I’m stopping near Labrada not Pobra de Brollon. So I shouldn’t need a ride. I’m calling them tomorrow morning so I’ll have more details. That’s where I plan to break up that long stage.

I made reservations today at Casa Pacita. She sounded horribly sick so I didn’t engage her in long conversation. Just gave my name and date. I didn’t even ask about cost :)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back