• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sleeping in the Switzerland partof Via Francigena

Barbara06

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy - Pamplona (2011-14)
VDLP (2015)
Portuguese (2015)
Francigena (2016)
Primitivo (2017)
Hello,
Could someone who has done the Swiss part of VF (from Lausanne to Col St Bernardo), give information on the places to sleep and the costs for the night ?
Thank you so much

A selection of Camino Jewellery
3 years since I walked it but I stayed in:
The youth hostels in Lausanne and Montreux - can't remember the price but cheap by Swiss standards (about 25CHF plus meals?) and with a reduced rate dinner for pilgrims
The abbey guest house in St Maurice - a single room, dinner and breakfast for 45CHF I think
One free night in a rubbish bin shed in a forest (I got lost in a downpour :) )
The parish albergue in Orsieres which was donativo
The Hospice Grand Saint Bernard - about 40CHF for dinner, bed and breakfast

Those prices are likely to have changed in the meantime.

Thanks very much Bradypus !! :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
In addition to Bradypus's spots:

TCS Camping Martigny - a campground in Martigney that also has dorm rooms. I snagged one last September for bout 15 franc. Clean, good shower, friendly, even has a bar.

Hotel Terminus - in Orsieres. Has dorm beds on top floor. Get a discount with a credential. Clean, cozy, great shower. Very friendly. Knowledgable owner.
Don't remember the cost but I think it was 40 franc.

You'll need to give me the address. I may need it.
Turn left as you leave the town (Martigny) - at the place where you should go straight on. Go straight uphill instead of around it. Then circumnavigate the hill in dripping pine trees in ever decreasing circles in the ******** Swiss monsoon rain for about four hours until you either stumble across the shed by accident or cross your own path for the third time and finally disappear up ....... :) :) :) Not my finest hour...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back