• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Slideshow app?

Jersey

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2017
hey guys
I’m looking for some recommendations for a good slideshow app.
I’m looking for one where I can record my own music to add.
Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I use the slideshow module of Adobe Lightroom. Allows me to do lots of customizations. music, titles, transitions, etc. and even will host webpages for you to display online.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
And for showing those iPad photos or slideshows on a big screen TV, you can use one of these adapters:
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter
I purchased the genuine Apple product, which costs around US$49, and I can vouch for its performance, but you can save a few dollars/euros by buying a knock-off from Amazon or local big box electronics stores. Some even have an integrated HDMI cable.

There are similar adapters for lightning-to-VGA for use with TVs that don't have HDMI ports or possibly for projectors, but I have no experience with them.

And for showing those iPad photos or slideshows on a big screen TV, you can use one of these adapters:
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter
I purchased the genuine Apple product, which costs around US$49, and I can vouch for its performance, but you can save a few dollars/euros by buying a knock-off from Amazon or local big box electronics stores. Some even have an integrated HDMI cable.

There are similar adapters for lightning-to-VGA for use with TVs that don't have HDMI ports or possibly for projectors, but I have no experience with them.
For watching on TV I hook my iPad up to my receiver via HDMI.
Works well enough but there’s a glitch where like every 15 minutes the TV ( on its own ) will switch to another HDMI port. I have a pretty sophisticated setup running my cable, DVR and Amazon Firestick thru my receiver but this has me baffled.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you’re putting it together on an iPad, I would just use the Photos app. You could create your own music using the GarageBand app and then add it to your slideshow.
Thanks so much. Had no idea I had that option. Always thought I had to use iMovie to create a slideshow. Now I just have to figure out how to record music to Garage and get it into the slideshow

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back