• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Slightly different Christmas wishes for you ...

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hello all. Here we are again, Christmas .. out on Camino it seems that most of us cannot do enough for each other ... back home, in the 'real' world not all of us remember to be like this ...

I am ok, I am in the bosom of my family for Christmas .. but, for others, there is still time - no excuses, there are always too many excuses, let no parent be alone on Christmas Day ... not one ...

In your Hearts, and in your Homes, Peace - and a Merry Christmas to you all

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

David you once again posted something that puts tears in my eyes.

Thank you for everything you do on this Forum and of course what you do twice a year for Pilgrims on the Camino.

May you enjoy a prosperous and healthy New Year and a Merry Christmas.

Hello all. Here we are again, Christmas .. out on Camino it seems that most of us cannot do enough for each other ... back home, in the 'real' world not all of us remember to be like this ...

I am ok, I am in the bosom of my family for Christmas .. but, for others, there is still time - no excuses, there are always too many excuses, let no parent be alone on Christmas Day ... not one ...

Wow, how wonderful. Thanks for posting.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This is such a beautiful (but sad) statement about our collective priorities. Thank you David. This brought a big lump in my throat.
My parents are both gone and I'd do a whole lot to have Christmas with them once again. That's impossible but at least I am glad to have no remorse.

Last edited:
David
Thank you for this beautiful reminder of how we get so caught up in the busyness of growing up and living that we forget our parents are growing older in the meantime...

A touch of the Camino in our alternative worlds - to live a full life of no regrets...

Wishing you and those you love a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Be Well. Go Well.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you for this beautiful message of the season. I now live with my 92 yr old mother who is starting to fail with blood cancer. Every day is a blessing that I have her here. We are preparing for my Camino together which I will take after her passing. Many of us are so blessed but get lost in the peripheral fluff, thank you for drawing us back to the essential. Happy Holidays!

Thank you David, for this reminder, the remarkable thing is opportunities appear for each of us to honour parents, be they our own, or someone elses. We just need to be as open as we were on our camino to the needs of others.
Blessings to you this Christmas and to all on this Forum a Peacful Christmas to everyone.
b

Spot on as ever David. Happy Christmas.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you for posting this very Heartfelt and Moving little Video which reminds us that there is really never enough time - we should not keep putting off until tomorrow, what we both can and should do today, not only with our own families but with others out there who may be alone and hurting, especially at this time of the year. David, I send Warm Greetings and Wishes to you and your Loved ones and also Thank you for the work you do each year out on the Camino.

Wow,this puts the finger on the perfect spot.
Thank you for sharing this.
I wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healty 2017 David.

Thank you David for reminding each and everyone of us to remain humble and thankfull and to honor our older generations with love.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back