• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Slightly Stranded

DowtyCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
May-Jn2014
May-Jn 2017
VF Jl-O 2021
Mar-My 2023
Crazy hiccup when the bag check at Madrid ate my passport. I've recovered it but missed my flight to BIQ. My 3 companions have gone ahead and we plan to meet in SJPdP.
My only goal now is to get to SJPdP at the quickest route so as not to hold them up. We have Orisson reservations for this evening.
I've rebooked a flight to San Sebastián.
From there I plan on a taxi to SJPdP.
Is this now the fastest way? Don't care about the money at this point but I'd like a guess at what a taxi will cost. Help

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Crazy hiccup when the bag check at Madrid ate my passport. I've recovered it but missed my flight to BIQ. My 3 companions have gone ahead and we plan to meet in SJPdP.
My only goal now is to get to SJPdP at the quickest route so as not to hold them up. We have Orisson reservations for this evening.
Is this now the fastest way? Don't care about the money at this point but I'd like a guess at what a taxi will cost. Help

The airport for San Sebastian is in Hondarabia which is roughly 80 km from SJPdP. The taxi will cost at least 1 € per km.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Probably too late to organise now but you could try googling Bla Bla car for a lift.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks all. I've found my way. Taxi will be 145euros for future reference. Would have been less if booked in advance.

Am starting to think that Barajas is cursed......good work sorting it out!! I hope the airlines was helpful to you - that's a bit stressful.

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
How does a passport get eaten at check in? That's just odd.

I would think it inadvertently got dropped on the belt
Years ago I dropped my cell phone, bounced once and bingo, right into the storm drain. A friend of mine who had an unhealthy ( financially speaking ) habit of buying new cell phones bailed me out with a replacement phone

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Am starting to think that Barajas is cursed......good work sorting it out!! I hope the airlines was helpful to you - that's a bit stressful.
Camino is just in part a mirror of our daily lives. But in most cases it is just not. So I guess planning a tight schedual isn't the best way to do it. Always leave some spare space/hours/days 'cause you never know what you gonna get ;)

I hope you're OK by now @DowtyCamino and that you'll started your Camino at ease...

Last edited:
As one Pilgrim has mentioned, "The Camino enjoys mirroring our life." So, it may be wise to contemplate, when it is safe and time allows, imagine the challenges that may be ahead.

No need for concern. Chance favours the prepared mind.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.