• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Smaller albergues in Santiago de Compostela?

Scott54

Time of past OR future Camino
May/June 2018
I anticipate getting to SdC in late June and will spend 2-3 nights there. (Resting a bit before heading to Madrid.) Are there any recommendations for smaller albergues or less expensive hotel/inn/pensione type lodgings? Thanks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
About the least expensive place I ever stayed in there was a private albergue, "The Last Stamp" (El Ultimo Sello).
You can stay more than one night, they are near the Cathedral, they have no curfew, they have a website and they accept reservations.

I anticipate getting to SdC in late June and will spend 2-3 nights there. (Resting a bit before heading to Madrid.) Are there any recommendations for smaller albergues or less expensive hotel/inn/pensione type lodgings? Thanks.
I used Airbnb, found a great place near the cathedral for 35 euros a night, it was perfect for me.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

I just love this place. https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/santiago-compostela/residencia-peregrinos-san-lazaro

You will walk by it as you enter on the outskirts of the city. 10 euros for the first night, and then goes to 7 euros each for nights 2 and 3. Wonderfull laundry area, showers, kitchen, and sitting area. After arriving at the cathederal, i ussually come back here either by walking back (40 min), or the number 6 bus. The great part is the bus stop is right by the albergue. On your last day, it is very convenient to just step out onto the corner, and pick up the airport bus. If taking the bus, to Madrid, the main bus station is just 25 minute walk away.

Thanks for your ideas and experience. I’ll be looking into these soon.

San Lazaro is indeed a fine albergue, but it is cheaper because it is well away from the city centre. The Last Stamp is very central, and accordingly is dearer, at 18 euro each night.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
T

There is a hotel across from the Cathedral to the right just before you go through the tunnel where the bagpiper is playing. Hospederia San Martin Pinario. Its a hotel that has rooms set aside for pilgrims. I think you can make reservations but not 100% sure. The rooms are small, private and cost 23 euro per night. You have a small room with twin bed, your own private bathroom with shower, daily maid service, a huge breakfast included and you can also purchase the evening meal if you so desire. I stayed here on both Camino's and enjoyed it immensely. There is an outside garden room and an indoor room with TV where guests can gather. You can't beat the location right at the Cathedral. :)

Attachments

• 3970036_8_y[1].jpg
    3970036_8_y[1].jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.