• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snow disruption

Bridget and Peter

Time of past OR future Camino
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
We have heavy snow fall today in the UK. Stansted airport's runway was closed earlier but opened later, so I hope sagalout Ian and his good lady, Rosie, are getting off Ok today. Heathrow and Gatwick are more affected, I gather from the news.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh dear - yes, so it seems. Will Ryanair put them on the flight for tomorrow if it goes?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone,
This is Rosie! Many thanks for all your good wishes and concern. Our flight was indeed cancelled this morning, but we are now booked on an 8am flight on Wednesday. This means we will be very tight for the walk. We arrive in Santiago at 11.10 am, and will have to get the bus to Ferrol, collect our credencias and walk to Pontedeuma all on Wednesday!
Wish us luck!
Rosie
hi drove down to stansted this morning which was harrowing enough but then to have to turn around and drive back to norfolk was a real bummer, at least we had a nice warm home to go back to, there was quite a lot of people stranded including young Spanish students.
when we drove into the car park the radio was playing "Ocean Drive" by the Lighthouse Family.
"THE SKIES ARE BLUE THE SUNS GOING TO SHINE ON EVERTHING YOU DO"
Also yesterday was St Bridget day :wink: today is candlemass day and more worrying bearing in mind we have a transfer to weds morning Grounhog Day and this morning he saw his own shadow ( 6 more weeks of winter)
Oh well c'est la vie.
Ian
http://sagalouts-theroadtonowhere.blogspot.com/

What rotten luck! The best laid plans and all that...
Good luck for Wednesday!
Meanwhile open a bottle of Rioja and make yourself a cheese and chorizo sandwich, at least you will be living out part of the experience you would have been having! (You could also handwash your smalls in a stone sink out of doors for added authenticity.)
Fingers crossed for your new departure time.
Laura

Rosie and Ian - what a bummer indeed. You'll have to treat yourself to comfort food like fish and chips tonight.

I'm ashamed that you had to drive from home to Stansted and back, probably by-passing my little town, while I have taken the day off from work because of the weather!!

Oh well!

Bridget

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ian and Rosie,

just a message of support and hoping you get off OK tomorrow morning.
I had a long journey through the snow this morning to drive my wife to her PhD Viva - fortunately we made it in time and she passed.

best wishes,

Andy

Well done Mrs Andy D, or should I say Dr. D.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Andy, Thanks so much for your support, and can we add our congratulations to your wife - well done Dr D - all that hard work has finally paid off - far more important that whether or not we make it to Spain tomorrow!
Thanks again,
Rosie (and Ian)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back