• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snow falls in Biarritz

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Brr. Just about to set first foot on the Camino tomorrow. Just doing 2 days from Logrono to Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Unless we chicken out!! Anyone in that region at the moment? Watching the weather forecast closely. Happier with cold than wet although both of us are still suffering from the end of a winter cold.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I tried to post a video from Biarritz broadcast on Canal 3 Aquataine, people were skiing on the roads and boogie boarding on the beach in the snow. It looks like they had 10cm of snow before noon when it started raining. I am seriously worried about anyone who got a start from SJPdP in the past few days. Snow, cold and rain are the makings of a very treacherous walk to Pamplona.

The U K is in the grip of what they are calling "the beast from the east". Now I think that this is a bit harsh, BUT I can't remember cold ,winds and snow like this for many years. Siberia, please take it back!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Since we're weather-casting....

Training here in beautiful CO. Threatened snow, spit a bit, now the peak is sunny.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wow, wonderful days everywhere! Enjoy, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Meanwhile, another gorgeous day today after raining all day yesterday, with the local mountains receiving about 6 inches of fresh snow, about 30 miles to the east. Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
20180228_113324.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Do you have a polar vortex in your parts of the world? Ours split in two a few weeks ago and apparently that's the reason for newspaper headlines saying that Britain feels colder than the Arctic circle. Which makes a change from Britain is warmer than Barcelona which we had in December.

People who are planning a camino trip soon should not be unduly worried. It's not that all of Europe is covered under tons of snow. In fact, large parts have no snow at all and in Spain it seems, including Northern Spain, temperatures are rising well above freezing point today. Windy, though, so hold on to your hats, @Angie S when you start in Logroño today. And buen camino!
Maybe Kathar1na....we had a very mild summer this year, none of the usual 40C days thank goodness

Here in Champagne the dormant vines are being too well-chilled with -13 Celcius recorded again last night and bits of ice on the Marne !!
Here in the hunter Valley in NSW Australia it is 36 c and the grape harvest is just about complete. We have had a very hot summer and we are looking forward to Autum.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.