• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Snow flakes on the Forum

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ahhh, the smell of ripe mangoes, and sunscreen - Christmas is here! Wherever you are, whatever the weather, may it be a day of peace and joy.
Sunscreen? oh lucky you. Victoria is hunkered down - I think for the next few days. Thanks so much for your helpful role on the forum Kanga. You were one of the first to welcome me in. Warmest wishes

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you Maggie, and to you too. Christmas really does bring out the small child in me. The crib scene has been carefully brought out and arranged (and rearranged multiple times by the grandchildren), the real tree purchased from Oxfam and decorated with cack-handed hand-made decorations, tinsel draped over doorways, a welcome sign is up on the door. Bring on the fake snowflakes, reindeer, Christmas trees - all from the northern hemisphere - as well as the flowering gums, cherries, and hot beach holidays.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I must really ne in the Forum dog iuse: not only do I have to keep recking over, and over, and over, and... to access posts, and read them, bit no snow flakes to make me dizzy. Bit I can sure click on ads without a problem for them to open!

Very nice to see all are well & warm or cool depending on hemisphere. I wish all a very nice family time.
Keith

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I I thought my tablet was going out when I saw the "snowflakes" at first. Then read the thread about Ivar putting them there! How fun! -8° here in Lafayette, Colorado. Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays too!
That's -22 for the celsius folks. Brrrr!

All sunscreen, air conditioning and swimming in Queensland Australia - so amazing that our Camino friends are experiencing snow. xxxx

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ahhh, the smell of ripe mangoes, and sunscreen - Christmas is here! Wherever you are, whatever the weather, may it be a day of peace and joy.
I live in London now but come from SE Queensland. It's hard to explain Aussie Christmases to people here but I do miss the sun and summer smells like mangoes and sunscreen Although last time I spent a Christmas at home it got up to 43degrees just after New Year and I don't miss that!

Happy holidays to all. I send you wishes of love and peace as well as a hearty Buen Camino wherever your feet may lead you. It was -20°C a couple of days ago and it is now a balmy -5°C today near Montreal, Canada and the sun is now out. Barring a sudden thaw, we should have a white Christmas.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
21F tonight in Central Texas. Quite unusual for this early in the winter.

23 deg a lil further south
saw a smattering of flakes last night
precip fugitive to the area carried aloft by the winds..I got my camera ready

yall stay warm!

Just issued forecast of 37° for Christmas Day here in South Australia :cool::p Fingers crossed that it will turn out a bit cooler but we'll probably have a Total Fire Ban which impacts on the BBQ cooking and also puts us on bushfire alert. We're celebrating with friends in the Adelaide Hills (now that their property is all dried out from the floods) and will be having the full traditional Northern Hemisphere meal :rolleyes: out on the verandah overlooking the Gulf.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Meanwhile in Victoria , Australia, we celebrate with strange and unique Christmas tree decorations
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...snake-wrapped-Christmas-tree-like-tinsel.html
I agree with Kanga that this will take some topping. Just in case any of the pilgrims from far off lands are wondering about the fuss, well the tiger snake (even that little 3 footer (900 mm)) is able to inflict a bight that would kill a large man. It rates in the top 5 of worlds most dangerous snakes.
Yes to my cousins in the Americas far more deadly than a rattler. (Oh just make it even more crazy - they are protected under our various wild life acts.!?) Cheers

I agree with Kanga that this will take some topping. Just in case any of the pilgrims from far off lands are wondering about the fuss, well the tiger snake (even that little 3 footer (900 mm)) is able to inflict a bight that would kill a large man. It rates in the top 5 of worlds most dangerous snakes.
Yes to my cousins in the Americas far more deadly than a rattler. (Oh just make it even more crazy - they are protected under our various wild life acts.!?) Cheers
I can also attest to their name reflecting their temperament. We have come across several tiger snakes both in Victoria and Tasmania and found them very territorial and aggressive. My hubby is an experienced snake catcher but the image of him accidently stepping over a tiger snake and then zig-zagging down a bush track with heavy backpack and metre long said snake dancing with him still recalls the horror and laughter in equal measure. BC (before computers and smartphones) unfortunately so no YouTube footage o_O

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
the image of him accidentaly stepping over a tiger snake and then zig-zagging down a bush track with heavy backpack and metre long said snake dancing with him still recalls the horror and laughter in equal measure.
I like snakes. A lot. But...indeed: :eek::p:eek::p
He is one lucky puppy that snake never managed to get a fang into him! What a story.

Oh just make it even more crazy - they are protected under our various wild life acts.!?
Well, certainly. Our fellow inhabitants on this little planet need protection because we people are such efficient killers. Compared to humans, tiger snakes are like fuzzy puppies.;)

This story struck a cord with my family ,and is the reason I included it .
My daughter was three at the time , each Christmas we would venture into the bush bordering the pine forest close to the farm and select a tree . We found a small copse of perfect young escapee trees and chose the ''lucky one '' [ my daughter's words ] . Having cut it down and while carrying it back home I noticed the ' branch ' moving . The Tiger was only 2 feet long , I dropped the tree grabbed my daughter and ran only to find another crossing the path . We still play tricks on each other , coiled up tinsel , rubber snake decorations and soft hissing noises :)

Christmas Day in Cascais, Portugal was a gorgeous sunny day 20C. Went for a hike to the beach 6.30 km. Happy Holidays!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Back