• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snow - White Christmas on the Forum

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am in northeast US and the day before Christmas it is supposed to be 66 degrees today :( Thanks for the snow !!
Hi, in the Netherlands today it was around 14 degrees Celsius. No snow around in a lot of places in Europe.
Wish everybody a wonderful Christmas, Peter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am spending the holidays at my sister's in Idaho, there has been 2m since I arrived a week ago and going well below zero this weekend. My friends tell me it is printemps in Biarritz and there has been no snow in the Pyrenees.
Happy New Year!

Attachments

• DSCN0855.JPG
    DSCN0855.JPG
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 5
It will be 80 Deg here in the South of Texas,
snow here?...2004.
That would be wonderful to see again

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
To Ivar and all pilgrim posters, Happy Christmas. I am impressed with the little snow flakes. Its about the only way we will get a White Christmas down under. Cheers Mike:):cool:
Thanks Mike, its just warm and rain clouds up in Queensland, Merry Christmas to all.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Update....
90 deg with heat index.

This..is why when I think of my Camino?
It will be a fall-winter journey.
Happiest and coolest of Holidays to all!

May the snow white out and erase any traces of the years problems
May the only tracks you see...be of those walking away from what gave you ills
May the fires of passions cool, so that you may find rest in your soul
May there be the silence,of peace all around you, so you may hear once again
Your song.

Buen Camino O Pilgrim on the winter Road
Buen Camino Pilgrim, home from the load
Buen Camino Pilgrim, may your plans, someday be tales told.

I have seen pictures of blooming flowers on Boston. Here in Montreal ot went as high as 17 degrees today. Can someone please explain why I was not privy to this year's temps? Talk about a great year for a winter Camino.

This evening I remember the Noche Buenas spent at my grand parents home. Cocktail and appetisers were Spanish: jerez, white asparagus, slices of chorizo and jamon serrano, anchovie stuffed olives. But dinner first and second couraes were french: consome, half a lobster with home made mayonnaise and a block of goose foie gras. And I do mean a block! Oh the good old days, and yes, it was brought into Mexico in not so legit ways o_O. Main course was turkey (north American tradition) but stuffed with chestnuts. For desert little mazapanas, in that beautiful beige and blue Toledo box. Then kt was off to midnight mass at the Paroisse francaise, and back at home to open presents.

I just love how emigration/immigration, even of forced in this case, not once but twice, has made to such a rich life as this meal showed with traditions from many places. May all those experiencing difficult moments tonight, far from their home and loved ones, not knowing what tomorrow may bring, experience a moment of respit and hope on this special evening, no matter what their faith.

May you all share a very special Noche Buena with ypur loved ones as well.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you for the snow, Ivar--a truly Norwegian gift even if you are in Santiago.
Happy Christmas to all of you! May you all have a wonderful day today and a very happy New Year!

It's a 'chilly' 25 degrees C this morning and all the Burmese people are freezing...while I am happily comfortable.

Attachments

• 20151219_175021.jpg
    20151219_175021.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
To Ivar and all pilgrim posters, Happy Christmas. I am impressed with the little snow flakes. Its about the only way we will get a White Christmas down under. Cheers Mike:):cool:
I spend Christmas in Albany during a US Navy port visit many many years ago. The family that took me home with them made me feel right at home and took a lot of the sting out of not being with my family. A kindness that I will never forget. Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Buen Caminos

Happy Trails

I have seen pictures of blooming flowers on Boston. Here in Montreal ot went as high as 17 degrees today. Can someone please explain why I was not privy to this year's temps? Talk about a great year for a winter Camino.

This evening I remember the Noche Buenas spent at my grand parents home. Cocktail and appetisers were Spanish: jerez, white asparagus, slices of chorizo and jamon serrano, anchovie stuffed olives. But dinner first and second couraes were french: consome, half a lobster with home made mayonnaise and a block of goose foie gras. And I do mean a block! Oh the good old days, and yes, it was brought into Mexico in not so legit ways o_O. Main course was turkey (north American tradition) but stuffed with chestnuts. For desert little mazapanas, in that beautiful beige and blue Toledo box. Then kt was off to midnight mass at the Paroisse francaise, and back at home to open presents.

I just love how emigration/immigration, even of forced in this case, not once but twice, has made to such a rich life as this meal showed with traditions from many places. May all those experiencing difficult moments tonight, far from their home and loved ones, not knowing what tomorrow may bring, experience a moment of respit and hope on this special evening, no matter what their faith.

May you all share a very special Noche Buena with ypur loved ones as well.
Mother nature felt sorry for Boston this year. ;) Buen Camino

We're having a white Christmas here in Reno Nevada. If my past caminos run true I will get rained on when I start the French camino in April. Buen Camino

Happy Trails

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for the white Christmas Ivar! It's a pleasant 18C here at 9pm on Christmas day in Auckland, a lovely clear summer evening after a cloudy early part of the day. I think it got up to about 25 in late afternoon. But snowflakes are always welcome, even in summer!

May the snow white out and erase any traces of the years problems
May the only tracks you see...be of those walking away from what gave you ills
May the fires of passions cool, so that you may find rest in your soul
May there be the silence,of peace all around you, so you may hear once again
Your song.

Buen Camino O Pilgrim on the winter Road
Buen Camino Pilgrim, home from the load
Buen Camino Pilgrim, may your plans, someday be tales told.
Excellent! thanks for sharing this....

and love the snow Ivar! Warm and dry here in Ohio. Nice long hike yesterday - but cut a bit short as I started having a bit of "pinky toe" problem with my boot :( Beautiful day out though and I enjoyed it. Merry Christmas everyone and I am so grateful for the reason of why we are celebrating today.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.