• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snow!

Just thought I'd shout it out...

IT SNOWED! Yay! We were up in the mountains between Estella and Los Arcos and it started snowing, just a little at first, and then it turned into a full-on storm with really cold winds and we got soaked. We took the alternative route through Luquin (sp?) by mistake and there was nowhere to go into or take shelter in except for a bus stop, and then a couple offered to drive us to Los Arcos, an offer which we greatfully accepted!

Hasn't snowed since, though, but it is pretty cold, only a few degrees. We are in Santo Domingo now. (What a beautiful town!)

-Jo

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It is snowing on the Forum now. Nice one Ivar
Tio Tel and Tia Valeria :lol:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
LOL I initially thot there was something wrong with my monitor !

Very nice indeed, Ivar. Brings the temp down a wee bit as I sit here in hot and humid Singapore.

:) ...if it gets too annoying, let me know... I can "turn off" the snow! (I wish it was like that with the rain in Santiago these last few weeks. :)

Saludos,
Ivar

RestlessRose said:
LOL I initially thot there was something wrong with my monitor !

That's a point... :shock: Maybe there's something wrong with all our monitors... Ivar, is it really snowing on the Forum or have the pilgrims broken the Internet? Pilgrims can break anything, you know. Any hospitalero will tell you that.

Gareth

PS... I see you've answered the question, Ivar, just three minutes earlier. I'm greatly relieved that we haven't broken the Internet.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
ivar said:
:) ...if it gets too annoying, let me know... I can "turn off" the snow! (I wish it was like that with the rain in Santiago these last few weeks. :)

Saludos,
Ivar
Please don't turn it off for a week or two. It's a lovely Christmas touch. We might get tired of it in the New Year, especially if we have the real stuff.
Happy Christmas everyone and a blessed Holy Year
Tia Valeria

Ivar thank you for the snow its so cheerful it made me smile, and I love the way it changes direction-pretty swanky!
Nell

Yay! I made it snow on the forum.

Well, actually I didn't. But it's lovely! Hopefully we will get more snow at Cebreiro or somewhere. It's turned warm on the meseta all of a sudden - 12 degrees on some of the little farmacia signs...? Grr.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello everybody!
Indeed it's snowing on my computer. Makes me feel more connected with those who are walking the camino in snow! May your walk be a white one? Or better a great one!
many greetings and Buen Camino Hedwig From Holland.

Great job, Ivar!! It's super - despite the fact that winter has well and truly arrived in Northern Canada with temperatures today with a wind chill of -25 Celsius.. just makes my daydreaming of spring on the Camino that much sweeter.

lynne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Snow? Beurk! :p
You can have my share. Can't stand that stuff anymore, except maybe on a computer screen.
I'll be spending the worst three months (Jan,Feb,Mar) of Canadian winter in southern Spain (Costa Blanca) again this year. 8)
Adios,
Jean-Marc

1. First, it snowed toward my mouse pointer. Then it snowed away from my mouse pointer. Then it was snowing toward my mouse pointer. Now it is snowing away from my mouse pointer.

2. They have the Large Hadron Collider working again.

Are the two events related? Is the Camino de Santiago Forum altering the universe?

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back