• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snowfall

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Many in the past and, God willing; more to come
It may be just my failing eyesight, or alcohol (although it’s a bit early, even for me) but I could swear I’ve started to see snowfall on my screen.

Nice touch.

Best wishes for a feliz navidad to Ivar, moderators past and present, and all those who put up with my inane babble in the hope of one day seeing something worthwhile.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I
It is -33C where I live this morning and I thought my retinas had frozen over when I saw the "snow" on my monitor.
I'm living in the wrong country! lol
In my distant youth I was chased (briefly and with the inevitable result) over the hardangavidda by the Norwegian Haeren* in similar temperatures - it was so cold it seemed warm because it was dry. I have been chillled to the bone in ‘warmer’ temperatures climbing in Scotland because the damp goes right through you.

How it it in Edmonton?

* they’re basically born on skis, so it’s hardly fair - but they seemed to enjoy it.

I

In my distant youth I was chased (briefly and with the inevitable result) over the hardangavidda by the Norwegian Haeren* in similar temperatures - it was so cold it seemed warm because it was dry. I have been chillled to the bone in ‘warmer’ temperatures climbing in Scotland because the damp goes right through you.

How it it in Edmonton?

* they’re basically born on skis, so it’s hardly fair - but they seemed to enjoy it.
The sun is shining! And that is the end of the positive things I can say lol. I am baking a Tourtière for Yule so the house smells of spices (I managed to say something positive!) and considering baking cookies (unlikely to happen, but I do like to think about baking them). There was ice fog this morning when I walked the hound, I am trying to build up the courage to walk her again.

@henrythedog -

I am not seeing any snow on my screen but I may now be snowblind in our little nook of the Pacific NW.

We have had January overnight temperatures since early November. For the last two nights, and probably the next two perhaps, I am waking up to feed the firebox at midnight and then again at 4 am. It is the only way to keep our heat pump from over-work....and I just might be getting too old for this stuff.

On a side note...the local songbirds have now consumed over 80 lbs of feed since mid-November in my yard alone.

It is not even the official start of Winter...and I am already done with it! :(

B

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It is -33C where I live this morning and I thought my retinas had frozen over when I saw the "snow" on my monitor.
I'm living in the wrong country! lol

80 degrees Fahrenheit is predicted for Christmas here in Los Angeles.

I might head to the beach.

However, the mountains an hour and a half away are snow-capped.

When I summit a local hill via car if I look east I see snow topped mountains; looking west the calm waters of Pacific Ocean.

November to February is the most beautiful time of year in Southern California.

Last edited:
We traveled to "warmer" Missouri for a few weeks at our family's cabin in the Ozarks and the Wyoming weather is following us! It was -11 C and blizzard snowing-19 C wind chill when we left and supposed to be that here the next 3 days.🥶 I have seen the snow on screen for the past few days.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It may be just my failing eyesight, or alcohol (although it’s a bit early, even for me) but I could swear I’ve started to see snowfall on my screen.

Nice touch.

Best wishes for a feliz navidad to Ivar, moderators past and present, and all those who put up with my inane babble in the hope of one day seeing something worthwhile.
It was here on the screen last year, too. Ivar reactivated it. If you do a forum search on "Snow" you will see a thread about it from last year.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It is very sporadic. When I look for it, I can't see any. Then when not looking, there it is!
Nope, still not on my screen.

Outside, there is rather plenty in the air along with -13 C temps that are heading even lower. 🥶

Oh well. "There is no bad weather, just the wrong clothes."

Into the parka and woolen hat and off to feed the birds.

B

80 degrees Fahrenheit is predicted for Christmas here in Los Angeles.

I might head to the beach.

However, the mountains an hour and a half away are snow-capped.

When I summit a local hill via car if I look east I see snow topped mountains; looking west the calm waters of Pacific Ocean.

November to February is the most beautiful time of year in Southern California.
I am coming to live with you! It is -34C (-45C with the windchill) this morning and I am living in the wrong climate!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We traveled to "warmer" Missouri for a few weeks at our family's cabin in the Ozarks and the Wyoming weather is following us! It was -11 C and blizzard snowing-19 C wind chill when we left and supposed to be that here the next 3 days.🥶 I have seen the snow on screen for the past few days.
Checked the weather in Laramie and there is a windchill warning g of -48 C tonight with winds up to 80 mph. Probably good we are in "warm" Missouri!

Plenty of snow on the screen when I started reading this thread yesterday. ❄️❄️❄️ Then nothing today until about 3 posts ago. Now "flurries" are starting down ❄️. Fun!

Here in southeast PA, we're expecting ice and sleet on Friday 🥶. I'd gladly take Chicago's blizzard instead. And I would really prefer to be back in southern California, where the sun always shines and the roses bloom in December. 🥀🌹 🌞

I thought something was wrong with my display! Haha. So true it seems to stop when i look for it. Glad to see my device is not having a problem. Central California here swings from about 32F in the mornin, to 65F in the afternoon. Much needed rain after Christmas.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Fun to hear about the various weather events and climates where our members live.

Here in Santiago it is just.....raining.
It always rains in Santiago. Here is a poem to prove it (by Garcia Lorca, who else?)

It is raining in Santiago,
My sweet love.
The white camellia of the air,
Shines between twilight and the sun.

It is raining in Santiago,
In the dark night.
Herbs of silver and gold,
Cover the empty moon.

Look at the rain in the street,
Moaning of crystal and stone.
See, in the wind vanishing,
Fountain and ash of your sea.

Fountain and ash of your sea,
Santiago, so far from the sun.
The water of the ancestral morning,
Is trembling in my heart.

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
Preparing from Tasmania (island state of Australia) to walk about a month of the VP at my slow pace (maybe average 15km/day) with just the essentials on my back (so currently obsessed with the...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back