• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snowfall

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Annually - often more - from 2014
It may be just my failing eyesight, or alcohol (although it’s a bit early, even for me) but I could swear I’ve started to see snowfall on my screen.

Nice touch.

Best wishes for a feliz navidad to Ivar, moderators past and present, and all those who put up with my inane babble in the hope of one day seeing something worthwhile.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I
It is -33C where I live this morning and I thought my retinas had frozen over when I saw the "snow" on my monitor.
I'm living in the wrong country! lol
In my distant youth I was chased (briefly and with the inevitable result) over the hardangavidda by the Norwegian Haeren* in similar temperatures - it was so cold it seemed warm because it was dry. I have been chillled to the bone in ‘warmer’ temperatures climbing in Scotland because the damp goes right through you.

How it it in Edmonton?

* they’re basically born on skis, so it’s hardly fair - but they seemed to enjoy it.

I

In my distant youth I was chased (briefly and with the inevitable result) over the hardangavidda by the Norwegian Haeren* in similar temperatures - it was so cold it seemed warm because it was dry. I have been chillled to the bone in ‘warmer’ temperatures climbing in Scotland because the damp goes right through you.

How it it in Edmonton?

* they’re basically born on skis, so it’s hardly fair - but they seemed to enjoy it.
The sun is shining! And that is the end of the positive things I can say lol. I am baking a Tourtière for Yule so the house smells of spices (I managed to say something positive!) and considering baking cookies (unlikely to happen, but I do like to think about baking them). There was ice fog this morning when I walked the hound, I am trying to build up the courage to walk her again.

@henrythedog -

I am not seeing any snow on my screen but I may now be snowblind in our little nook of the Pacific NW.

We have had January overnight temperatures since early November. For the last two nights, and probably the next two perhaps, I am waking up to feed the firebox at midnight and then again at 4 am. It is the only way to keep our heat pump from over-work....and I just might be getting too old for this stuff.

On a side note...the local songbirds have now consumed over 80 lbs of feed since mid-November in my yard alone.

It is not even the official start of Winter...and I am already done with it! :(

B

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It is -33C where I live this morning and I thought my retinas had frozen over when I saw the "snow" on my monitor.
I'm living in the wrong country! lol

80 degrees Fahrenheit is predicted for Christmas here in Los Angeles.

I might head to the beach.

However, the mountains an hour and a half away are snow-capped.

When I summit a local hill via car if I look east I see snow topped mountains; looking west the calm waters of Pacific Ocean.

November to February is the most beautiful time of year in Southern California.

Last edited:
We traveled to "warmer" Missouri for a few weeks at our family's cabin in the Ozarks and the Wyoming weather is following us! It was -11 C and blizzard snowing-19 C wind chill when we left and supposed to be that here the next 3 days.🥶 I have seen the snow on screen for the past few days.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It may be just my failing eyesight, or alcohol (although it’s a bit early, even for me) but I could swear I’ve started to see snowfall on my screen.

Nice touch.

Best wishes for a feliz navidad to Ivar, moderators past and present, and all those who put up with my inane babble in the hope of one day seeing something worthwhile.
It was here on the screen last year, too. Ivar reactivated it. If you do a forum search on "Snow" you will see a thread about it from last year.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It is very sporadic. When I look for it, I can't see any. Then when not looking, there it is!
Nope, still not on my screen.

Outside, there is rather plenty in the air along with -13 C temps that are heading even lower. 🥶

Oh well. "There is no bad weather, just the wrong clothes."

Into the parka and woolen hat and off to feed the birds.

B

80 degrees Fahrenheit is predicted for Christmas here in Los Angeles.

I might head to the beach.

However, the mountains an hour and a half away are snow-capped.

When I summit a local hill via car if I look east I see snow topped mountains; looking west the calm waters of Pacific Ocean.

November to February is the most beautiful time of year in Southern California.
I am coming to live with you! It is -34C (-45C with the windchill) this morning and I am living in the wrong climate!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We traveled to "warmer" Missouri for a few weeks at our family's cabin in the Ozarks and the Wyoming weather is following us! It was -11 C and blizzard snowing-19 C wind chill when we left and supposed to be that here the next 3 days.🥶 I have seen the snow on screen for the past few days.
Checked the weather in Laramie and there is a windchill warning g of -48 C tonight with winds up to 80 mph. Probably good we are in "warm" Missouri!

Plenty of snow on the screen when I started reading this thread yesterday. ❄️❄️❄️ Then nothing today until about 3 posts ago. Now "flurries" are starting down ❄️. Fun!

Here in southeast PA, we're expecting ice and sleet on Friday 🥶. I'd gladly take Chicago's blizzard instead. And I would really prefer to be back in southern California, where the sun always shines and the roses bloom in December. 🥀🌹 🌞

I thought something was wrong with my display! Haha. So true it seems to stop when i look for it. Glad to see my device is not having a problem. Central California here swings from about 32F in the mornin, to 65F in the afternoon. Much needed rain after Christmas.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Fun to hear about the various weather events and climates where our members live.

Here in Santiago it is just.....raining.
It always rains in Santiago. Here is a poem to prove it (by Garcia Lorca, who else?)

It is raining in Santiago,
My sweet love.
The white camellia of the air,
Shines between twilight and the sun.

It is raining in Santiago,
In the dark night.
Herbs of silver and gold,
Cover the empty moon.

Look at the rain in the street,
Moaning of crystal and stone.
See, in the wind vanishing,
Fountain and ash of your sea.

Fountain and ash of your sea,
Santiago, so far from the sun.
The water of the ancestral morning,
Is trembling in my heart.

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
Wondering what public transit is available from Porto to Caminha.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back