• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snowing on the screen?

Mazzy

Insufferable pedant
Time of past OR future Camino
(2019) May 12 Camino Frances
Morning all. I very much enjoy these forums - a huge amount of very useful information to be found on here! I'm finding the 'snowfall' on the screen really annoying though! Any idea of how to remove this at all? A donation perhaps?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The snow is a bit of seasonal fun that Ivar puts on the screen for a while. You can see where it was discussed on post #15 in this thread. Think of it as training for the many annoyances and different attitudes on the Camino! :D For every person who likes the music/road surface/other people/food/lights/etc. , there is another who doesn't! ;):D Just like real snow and awful Christmas music, it won't last forever!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Morning all. I very much enjoy these forums - a huge amount of very useful information to be found on here! I'm finding the 'snowfall' on the screen really annoying though! Any idea of how to remove this at all? A donation perhaps?

I agree... a real stupid addition to this board.

I live in the tropics. What does snow have to do with Christmas?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Agree. Very annoying visually.
I'm a member of another similar site and there's option to switch it off in personal settings. Not so here apparently. Ah well ...

Well I'm glad it's not my eyes.... another Southern Hemisphere girl here too. It's been the crappiest ever spring and start to the 'summer' so I'm well and truly over snow! Merry Christmas everyone :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Really?

That's so nice of a Christian to say ...
Wonder what @Tincatinker will say. I think nothing because there's nothing to say. You said it all.

Huh? I thought I was being polite to those who don’t celebrate Christmas. Have no idea what your issue is? I feel attacked for no reason.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Huh? I thought I was being polite to those who don’t celebrate Christmas. Have no idea what your issue is? I feel attacked for no reason.

Not to speak for someone else, but there are non-Christians who celebrate Christmas and I'd guess the reaction came because these people may have felt excluded in your first post.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It's the holidays - I guess we can expect Scrooges and Grinches.

If you don't like the snow press ALT-F4

If you're annoyed by a little snow across your screen,
the Camino will probably kill you.

Loving the snow!
Building a snowman!

:::Throwing snowballs at the complainers! :::

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In the days of screen savers our daughter sent us a 1 minute avi of individual snowflakes floating across the screen. We loved it. W8 would not play it but on a Linux machine we have it again. Lovely at this time of year :)
Happy Christmas folks - with or without the snow.

Not to speak for someone else, but there are non-Christians who celebrate Christmas and I'd guess the reaction came because these people may have felt excluded in your first post.
My intent was not to assume that everyone on the forum celebrates Christmas. I was trying to be politically correct and not insult the non-Christians. Thank you to everyone who has contacted me privately with your words of support.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

I am not quite sure why so many of you find these few white dots so offensive. If Ivar wants "snow" - in my humble opinion - he can have all the snow he wants. And you Grinches out here should get in the holiday spirit, no matter what holiday you celebrate! We don't get snow here in San Diego so it's nice to pretend. Thank you Ivar - always.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My intent was not to assume that everyone on the forum celebrates Christmas. I was trying to be politically correct and not insult the non-Christians. Thank you to everyone who has contacted me privately with your words of support.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I agree. It's annoying

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Here in Kains Flat it's 42 degrees outside (That's 107). Let it snow Ivar

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.