• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snowing

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Arrived in Hontanas today and it's 4C. We experienced some snow but not much. We saw on the news in a bar, some pictures where it was snow covered but didn't catch where it was.
Almost reminds us of being back home.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Heavy snow in Roncesvalles as well. Hoping to find trail to Zubiri….. any suggestions
Walk the left side verges on the N 135 road; it will be much safer. Stay on the road all the way to Zubiri. Through the wood on the CF in snow would be impassable/ impossible and dangerous.

(The N135 is longer but much easier; I always walked it during late autumn/winter.
In dry weather followed the camino to Puerto de Erro where a food truck was often parked. From there walked on the verges of the N135.
In rain or snow I would follow the N135 from Roncesvalles.)

Stay safe.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The snowfall at the end of November, brought down many trees on the Camino between Roncesvalles and Zubiri. Making very dangerous walking on it.

Similarly, the Somport Pass on Camino Aragon is closed, with snow falling AND STICKING in Canfranc Pueblo and possibly even lower in Jaca overnight. Stay safe and think about staying a second night if you are in the midst of the storm.

Taxi would only take me as far as Zubiri this afternoon.
Probably a wise decision because yesterday, on that Friday morning, a lorry transporting petrol had slipped off that road (N-135) near Zubiri at the Alto de Erro pass and into a ditch.

For what it's worth, the road N-135 from Zubiri and over the Ibañeta pass from Roncesvalles to Valcarlos is clear now. I know because I happen to look at the Twitter feed of @ElTiempoNavarra and they tweeted this clip this Saturday morning:

https://twitter.com/ElTiempoNavarra

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

€149,-
Great video clip with helicopter views of the Ibañeta chapel, Valcarlos road and snow-covered landscape from today or yesterday, and also of Roncesvalles. Warnings and appeals by the Navarra Civil Protection agency. Snow. Cold. Wind gusts.

Roncesvalles.

Attachments

• IMG_20211201_153306.jpg
    IMG_20211201_153306.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back