• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snugpaks

LaurenE

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances from SJPdP 2007, TBD 2017
Curious if anyone has had any experience with the snugpack sleeping bags. I'm considering buying one of the travelpak series (70 to 100 dollars). They pack really small and some of them are pretty light too. I'm wondering if they're worth the money and how well they keep you warm (for me, the perpetually cold person.) Do they wash easily and will they hold up?
Seems like a good buy to me, but I'm hesitant to buy something over the internet that I can't touch/feel first.
Lauren

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
It's a great buy. The only thing is that the cord to the bag it comes in didn't last that long. Well, not many things last forever, rightt? I substituted it for a synthetic toilette bag and it works great. best, xm 8)

I bought a snugpak and used it las year on the VDLP and found it excellent-no trouble with the bag either. I bought the travelpak over the internet-post apid to australia for about US$75 (here it retails for more than twice that). It's more compact than my other one but seems warm enough-I too hate the cold!
It scrunches down pretty small and is light-under 1kg. I thought it was a good buy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The trouble with the bag didn't happen until after the third Camino I used it in. Like most everything, things have to be replaced here and there, with the passage of time. Best, xm

Hi, Lauren,

I have a snugpak 750 and it has served me well for four Caminos (soon to be 5). I do remember being really cold in Roncesvalles one night in late April, even with my fleece and rainpants (!) on, but I survived. I have occasionally layered a refugio blanket on top, but all in all, I think that for spring Caminos (earliest start April 24 or so from Roncesvalles, usually start in early May) it should be fine.

If you like to see and touch the item, though, you should check out REI or other big adventure stores, because they have similar products. My husband bought a bag similar to the snugpak there for under $100 and he's used it on several caminos as well.

I too have been thinking about a Snugpak, specifically the Chrysalis Autumn model, although it does weigh 1.4kg.
The bag is elasticated, so it stretches to accomodate your movements. Very clever, but I have yet to make a decision. Would pick it up in London en route, as they are significalty more expensive in Australia.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back