• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snugpaks

LaurenE

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances from SJPdP 2007, TBD 2017
Curious if anyone has had any experience with the snugpack sleeping bags. I'm considering buying one of the travelpak series (70 to 100 dollars). They pack really small and some of them are pretty light too. I'm wondering if they're worth the money and how well they keep you warm (for me, the perpetually cold person.) Do they wash easily and will they hold up?
Seems like a good buy to me, but I'm hesitant to buy something over the internet that I can't touch/feel first.
Lauren

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It's a great buy. The only thing is that the cord to the bag it comes in didn't last that long. Well, not many things last forever, rightt? I substituted it for a synthetic toilette bag and it works great. best, xm 8)

I bought a snugpak and used it las year on the VDLP and found it excellent-no trouble with the bag either. I bought the travelpak over the internet-post apid to australia for about US$75 (here it retails for more than twice that). It's more compact than my other one but seems warm enough-I too hate the cold!
It scrunches down pretty small and is light-under 1kg. I thought it was a good buy

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The trouble with the bag didn't happen until after the third Camino I used it in. Like most everything, things have to be replaced here and there, with the passage of time. Best, xm

Hi, Lauren,

I have a snugpak 750 and it has served me well for four Caminos (soon to be 5). I do remember being really cold in Roncesvalles one night in late April, even with my fleece and rainpants (!) on, but I survived. I have occasionally layered a refugio blanket on top, but all in all, I think that for spring Caminos (earliest start April 24 or so from Roncesvalles, usually start in early May) it should be fine.

If you like to see and touch the item, though, you should check out REI or other big adventure stores, because they have similar products. My husband bought a bag similar to the snugpak there for under $100 and he's used it on several caminos as well.

I too have been thinking about a Snugpak, specifically the Chrysalis Autumn model, although it does weigh 1.4kg.
The bag is elasticated, so it stretches to accomodate your movements. Very clever, but I have yet to make a decision. Would pick it up in London en route, as they are significalty more expensive in Australia.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
First Camino and walking with my wife. Decision time. Fleece and Puffer. I think one only but weather looks changeable at the moment. Trying to keep under 7kgs! Looking forward to a experience of...
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back