• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

So close: An adventure is waiting ahead

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
Just 6 weeks to Easter in Alicante. Then 4 weeks at school: Learning Spanish in Alicante. then train to Barcelona & then Pamplona. Then a long walk to SdC, in peace & quiet. Hope to meet forum members and other people on the Way. Starting in Pamplona (I think) around May 1st.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We just may run into you on the camino. We start from SJPdP on the 26th of April. Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello,
I will be starting in Logrono on April 16th so we will probably miss each other but have a buen camino!
PS I will be flying in to Barcelona, where can I get information on catching a train to Logrono or nearby?
Thanks!

Just 6 weeks to Easter in Alicante. Then 4 weeks at school: Learning Spanish in Alicante. then train to Barcelona & then Pamplona. Then a long walk to SdC, in peace & quiet. Hope to meet forum members and other people on the Way. Starting in Pamplona (I think) around May 1st.
Buen Camino Alex.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I look forward to walk in peace and make new friends on my Way. The guy who invented work could not possibly have had much to do...:)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Oh shucks Alex...! I start from Madrid on 7 April. I hope to be at Santiago in the first few days of May. Sorry I will miss you.

On the other hand, it looks like I will be working as a volunteer in the Pilgrim Office for all of July and August.

Perhaps another time.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sharing in your excitement!!!
We leave SJPdP on the 22nd April and counting down the sleeps.
Buen Camino Alex.

Today I bought my new trousers with removable legs, so I can have a shorts if I want. :)

Even though I should be considered an experienced pilgrim, I am excited and so looking forward to this new adventure. Because it IS an adventure. I know how first-timers must feel: I am right there with you. Each time. Enjoy: It is safe, and you will have the time of your life.

Sorry to miss you Tom.

Ivar, I will call you for that long promised beer in SdC ;)

I am looking forward to a silent, long walk: Passing Alto del Perdon on first day from Pamplona, the good entry into Burgos, taking on morning coffee in Hontanas, resting in Castrojeriz before climbing up the "Mule Killer" next morning, and then, behold, the Meseta with its open skies and endless landscapes for 9 or so days: A perfect place for pilgrim contemplation: Do not miss the Meseta on your way: It is mental medicine.

Will try to dip into the pools of the albergues "En el Camino" and "Quatro Cantones" with a cold beer or two: Hidden gems on the Way...

Will cook for myself in the albergues as much as possible: Hope to meet fellow pilgrims on the Way to share costs, cook, and eat & drink together. 3-4 Euros p.p. for dinner incl. (plenty) red wine is a good deal and good fun. Afterwards, we will not hear the snorers in our beauty sleep...:);)

Taking a private room in Sahagun, doing laundry and living in "luxury" in a small hotel opposite to the communal albergue...;) Ponferrada with the impressive Templar castle... The killing climb to La Faba before O'Cebreiro next day... Oh, I could go on, but I will just set out and see where each day will lead me. I will take plenty of time: Shorter days, resting in the sun, having a cold beer here and there with my boots off... My retirement is a bliss: No return ticket, and the rest (plane tickets with fixed date) are booked and paid for already :)

All this taking place under the Spanish sun in a safe and friendly environment... Life is good.

Last edited:
You make it sound so romantic @alexwalker - I hope this Camino brings you all you hope for, with plenty of warm sunshine and many cool beers. I should reach Santiago in late May or early June this year. I hope I might bump into you .
Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You make it sound so romantic @alexwalker - I hope this Camino brings you all you hope for, with plenty of warm sunshine and many cool beers. I should reach Santiago in late May or early June this year. I hope I might bump into you .
Buen Camino!
Romantic? No.... but thanks. Realistic? YES! The Camino is truly an adventure, but then, you know, having done it yourself :) Indeed, let us bump into each other, share a meal, some stories & reflections, and have fun.

Hey there, i will just be a little bit ahead of you..

Starting on the 29th of April.. Pamplona ..

I'm really excited !

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back