• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

So what do we do for the rest of the week?

Bert45

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2003, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2018, 2019
Jeff Crawley asked, "So what do we do for the rest of the week?" after Raggy's momentous discovery of the church where Joost rings the bell.
Well, I have a few shots that I think will be easier to find. The timings are taken from the Youtube version (2:08:06) of the film (movie, if you are in America) "The Way" [
]. Timings on DVD or Kindle will be different.
In the opening credits, there is a church at 0:05:01-13.
1586985368017.png
I think that this must have been in Spain, even though Tom hasn't left Ventura yet in the story, because of the layout of the hymn book on the lectern. It will be almost impossible to identify because we only see the interior, but you never know!
A bridge at 0:05:26-30
1586984925225.png

Another church at 0:05:32-36
Found. Actually it was found before. I hadn't noticed that it is the same shot as at 1:21:31.
Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, Briñas.
1586985035954.png
Another church at 0:06:44-47 (with "Producida por David Alexanian" on the screen)
Found. Thanks Kathar1na. Nuestra Señora del Manzano.
1586985132284.png
I have recently re-posted my 'Locations used in "The Way"' with a couple of additions, as I was unable to edit my original list.
Good Hunting!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A bridge at 0:05:26-30
This is a distinctive bridge over a pretty significant gorge. It's arch reminds me of the old bridge in Mostar so I guess it's from roughly the same period. There can't be very many like this in Spain, and the closed category (medieval, single arched, stone bridges) makes it relatively feasible to search - e.g. The Puente romano de Cangas de Onís (erroneously referred to as roman) and the Puente de Pedret in Berguedà. Neither of those is on the Camino Frances, but it would not have been hard for a member of the crew with a drone to make a side trip to either location. That said, I think the bridge in the film has not been surfaced for road traffic - which would count both of those options out.

Even if you find the right bridge, I think it's going to be tough to call because the opening credits provide only a partial view.

Some more candidates in this PDF document:

And check out the Albarda bridge over the river Vero.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If it has, the person who has identified it has kept shtum, like the person who has found the shelter! :)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
How can you visualise these things in your head? While away from your screen? 😕
(puzzled emoji)

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back