Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Sobrado dos Monxes Albergue

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Madrid/San Salvador/Primitivo-2021
This is a wonderful old Monestary. It does not officially open until 16:30. If you get there before 13:30 you will be signed in. That said, the hot water for the showers does not come on until four ^^. Also as you leave the check in area, the showers in the right back corner have a control handle versus the push button for better control. This town has several options for eating.

Ultreya,
Joe

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
A

AJ

I remember telling people how terrible this albergue was, as I did not know that it had been totally refurbished since I was first there in 2009. I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed there in 2012.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
In March 2007 I detoured to Sobrado from the Camino Frances at Arzua. Stayed at the pilgrim albergue within the Cistercian/Trappist monastery; there also is a separate hospderia for visitors. This monastery complex is a Baroque masterpiece, but then the albergue dorm was a actually in a renovated stable; no other pilgrims were there and it was freezing! Earlier I wandered alone through the other structures in awe. Attended Vespers with one other 'outsider'. The evening service was held in a splendid circular contemporary space. Walls were either painted white or natural wood. All was lit by thick, sputtering candles. The monks wearing their white robes responded in unison. It was a true privilege to share such a timeless ambiance.

Buen Camino!

Margaret Meredith

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances