• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Social distancing on the Camino Primitivo

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudEag

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago Aug 2019
Future - Camino Primitivo and the full French Way
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone might be doing the Camino Primitivo at the moment or has completed it that might be able to offer an insight on what the social distancing arrangements are like in accommodation providers, churches, bars and restaurants en route? I’d love to come out in August to do it. I’m sure like most people I’ve got cabin fever at this stage and in need of the headspace that the wonderful Camino offers. However, I need to reassure myself by doing my own due diligence that it’s safe. Thanks in advance and stay safe! Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone might be doing the Camino Primitivo at the moment or has completed it that might be able to offer an insight on what the social distancing arrangements are like in accommodation providers, churches, bars and restaurants en route? I’d love to come out in August to do it. I’m sure like most people I’ve got cabin fever at this stage and in need of the headspace that the wonderful Camino offers. However, I need to reassure myself by doing my own due diligence that it’s safe. Thanks in advance and stay safe! Buen Camino!
On this forum in the Primitivo section there is a video ,Spanish Pilgrims on the Primitivo,which was posted by Peregrina 2000.The pilgrims are currently walking the Primitivo and the video gives an excellent overview as to the current situation on that Camino.

Thanks for that tip. I've watched all the clips. Almost made me cry looking at all that open space to go walking in. It was wonderful to see and equally sad to watch the emptiness of the pathway.

If anyone can share any other experiences e.g. are tables been spread out in restaurants indoors, temperatures been taken when you arrive at your accommodation etc, that would be most helpful.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.