• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Socks with toes

rglongpre

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy - Figeac (2012); Camino Frances (August 28, 2015)
I am curious as to people's experiences with either Injiji or Smartwool socks with toes in terms of blister control. I have my baby toes fold under causing blisters regardless o other strategies.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am only at the very beginning of training but I had trouble with my feet on a trike ride and found that the Injiji socks were comfortable and helped. I too have funny toes.

Marian

I am only at the very beginning of training but I had trouble with my feet on a trike ride and found that the Injiji socks were comfortable and helped. I too have funny toes.

Marian
Thanks, Marian. Let me know how they work out for you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I wore, and still wear when hiking, injinji liners and lite hiking sox on vaselined feet. I also stopped regularly and exposed my feet to the air for a few minutes, and changed liners (more Vaseline) about midway thru my days walk. No blisters.

I used Injinji From SJPP and never had a blister. great socks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just completed 1,000km wearing injinji liners. No blisters. Four kids are wearing them too - all of us with another sock on top.
Then today....after 1,053km son has a tiny blister!

I am curious as to people's experiences with either Injiji or Smartwool socks with toes in terms of blister control. I have my baby toes fold under causing blisters regardless o other strategies.
I inserted an earplugs between hammer toes, thick end down, after my toenails turned black due to the continual pressure. I was fine again in 2 days.
Regds
Gerard

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I walked the first half of the Camino Frances with traditional silk liners last year and suffered from blisters. I wore injinni toe sock liners for the second half (which I just finished-currently in Madrid awaiting my flight home) and didn't get a single blister. I'll definitely wear them when i begin the le Puy route next year!

On camino day23 now and Inkinji toe socks for me everyday on camino with a mid weight smart wool hiker on top

I trained with these too

No blisters and my neuroma doesn't hurt either.

I'm on Camino del Norte and have walked over 500 km so far. I brought SmartWool socks, Ininji toe socks, Darn Tough wool and WrightSocks with built in liners. The sock that I began to wear almost every day - unless it is still drying - is the WrightSocks. My feet stay completely dry. Today I had to wear my SmartWool because the rainy weather didn't allow my sock to dry completely. I use diaper pins and pin them to my pack to dry while walking in the sun. At lunch I noticed a blister was beginning on the back of my heel so I switched to my WrightSocks. By the time I got to my evening shower there was no sign of the blister. The socks are amazing.

I use the Ininji toe socks with my flip flops for chilly evenings and sometimes during shorter days.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.